ATTENTION: Stolen Ukulele

Dino

Reaction score
A classroom at a Hawaii local school called Hale Kula Elementary was broken into over the past weekend. It is located on Schofield Barracks military base. Amongst the many items stolen were 25 Kamaka Ukulele. The ukuleles had Hale Kula hand written on the Headstocks and the school name stamped on the label inside the ukes. Military and HPD are going over who entered the base over the past weekend because you do have to provide military or a civilian id to enter the base. Hopefully the suspects will get caught, but in case anyone here sees kamaka's going for sale with suspicious marks on the head stocks or scratched out or partially removed labels, please call Honolulu Police on 911 locally or 808-529-3111 for out of state.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/20959/40/

Last edited:
I bet you the moron(s) who did this will shoot him/her/themselves in the foot by trying to sell on Ebay.

I will also bet that one of us will catch them in the act!

I bet you the moron(s) who did this will shoot him/her/themselves in the foot by trying to sell on Ebay.

I fear that they will be stupid and destroy the ukes. I hope they try and sell them on ebay. Catch em and put em away!

Last edited by a moderator:

I fear that they will be stupid and destroy the ukes. I hope they try and sell them on ebay. Catch em and put em away!

That would surprise me. I hope they don't do that, they get caught and the ukes go back where they belong.

Oh man, that's awful. I remember when I played kamakas in elementary school in that required 4th grade music class, and totally took them for granted. I had no idea what they were worth and what a privilege it was. Edit: Yeah, I also sucked hard at uke back then and had a hard time pressing down the darn strings...so I ended up playing wind instruments from 5th grade until senior year. :p

It sucks that these were stolen. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned up on CL here...I'll keep an eye out.

Oh man, that's awful. I remember when I played kamakas in elementary school in that required 4th grade music class, and totally took them for granted. I had no idea what they were worth and what a privilege it was. Edit: Yeah, I also sucked hard at uke back then and had a hard time pressing down the darn strings...so I ended up playing wind instruments from 5th grade until senior year. :p

It sucks that these were stolen. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned up on CL here...I'll keep an eye out.

Man...I wish that was an option here when I was in school...and to play Kamakas...nice!

My eyes are peeled also!

Das F/U! Mos' likely, da guys who wen steal 'um need sum quik $$$ - probably suppotting one habit - BATU! I hope dey catch um.

I wonder how absolutely effed up these guys’ lives must have to have been to stoop to such a low level. I hope something happens soon that gets them out of such a rut.

A classroom at a Hawaii local school called Hale Kula Elementary was broken into over the past weekend. It is located on Schofield Barracks military base. Amongst the many items stolen were 25 Kamaka Ukulele. The ukuleles had Hale Kula hand written on the Headstocks and the school name stamped on the label inside the ukes. Military and HPD are going over who entered the base over the past weekend because you do have to provide military or a civilian id to enter the base. Hopefully the suspects will get caught, but in case anyone here sees kamaka's going for sale with suspicious marks on the head stocks or scratched out or partially removed labels, please call Honolulu Police on 911 locally or 808-529-3111 for out of state.

http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/20959/40/

That's really terrible, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the guys that did it and get the ukes back

Sorry to hear about this. Don't forget to be checking Craigs List too. If all of us are aware, the chances of a happy ending to this are ten fold.

Ohhh, that is just horrible. Hopefully Kamaka (or another manufacturer) will replace the ukes for the keikis.

My father, grandfather, uncles and spouse were/are all in law enforcement, and every day I hear stories about how rotten people can be to one another. Yet every now and then, someone stoops so low as to still surprise me. Stealing from kids. Really nice......:mad:

Chances are you won't see them on CL or any type of public offering. I think these instruments will be sold privately and by word of mouth. If they're desperate, they'll do everything within their means to remove any identifying marks. That can also be a downfall, you know, loose lips . . .

You've got to be a pretty big douche bag to steal from children, let alone children who play ukuleles. I hope they hit those people with a large vehicle of pain... like a giant ukulele on wheels. Oh the irony. :rofl: No seriously, not cool thieving .....:mad::mad::mad:

wow all we had at school instrument wise was cheap plastic recorders and xylophones, i think i was brought up in the wrong country.

Top Bottom