How to record / make video of playing ukulele

You can try using this. That was the old program I used. I got a new webcam and software for my birthday so I use that.

Easy way: get a mac!
hard way: every other method!

Seriously. I used to play around with audacity and windows video maker and had a hard time even creating one-track recordings. I found it rather annoying to sync video and music-track. Later I switched to cubase, which was even more difficult. It used to work somehow in the end, but it was loads of fuzz. Of course experienced users can achieve excellent results with less effort. But: I am not a professional sound technician and I don´t want to become one. Since I completely switched to mac, creating music videos is a breeze and I can concentrate on my ukeing rather than the recording process.

I would say the easiest way to good quality results is to use a digital video camera that allows you to connect a decent mic to it. No syncing required. If you are using Windows there are all kinds of good video editing programs that do precisely what the Mac software does and with the same ease, so it really does not matter what platform you are using for the editing process.

A video editor I've just started using is this free program called VideoSpin http://videospin.com/redesign/default.asp its easy to use, allows you to trim and join vids, add extra audio tracks and will upload directly to youTube. You can upgrade it to a more full featured application (extra codec, etc.). But for most the free version is more than enough.

hey mate, ive been doing this for the past few weeks and having heaps of fun, the exact program or extreamly close to (i reckon better) is called Mixcraft 4, trying searching youtube, and maybe type in the words something along the line of mixcraft 4 and also you might want to add in words such as free download also, if you choose to type all those words in as one search its upto you, you might be happy with what you find, also could even try instead of the words mixcraft 4 try the word acid pro 7. Mixcraft 4 is fantastic, the best ive used yet, and has pre loaded instraments, (well over 100) where you can do your own tunes, madddddd fun and very very good to use. Also this is a small hint to everyone else also, i have mixcraft 4, anmie studio pro, sony vegas pro 9 (this is a very very advanced video editing program, search youtube for all these and type in tutorial eg sony vegas 9 tutorial and you will see what i mean), sony acid pro 7 ands its cost me...... well you can do the maths, and again mixcraft 4 will allow you to do all and everything its better in my opinion then garage band, plus it words on pc, vista also

If you make such videos, how do you do it? Anyone know a "how to make a ukulele video" video tuturial?

Thanks=)

go on youtube and do a search for "multitrack tutorial". you'll find plenty of helpful videos. or if you have a specific program you're using, search for something more specific. (i.e. "imovie tutorial", "windows movie maker tutorial", etc.)

Top Bottom