flamenco pro's needed

Ser-T-Fide

Reaction score
I'm getting into spanish style and flamenco and wondering if anyone can direct me to a book or guide beyond youtube?

much love

i dunno to much about it but i'm sure you can learn lots of techniques off a flamenco guitar book. and i'm sure there are a couple out there.
yeah so a guitar book would prbably work

I'm getting into spanish style and flamenco and wondering if anyone can direct me to a book or guide beyond youtube?

much love

I bet there's a flamenco forum out there with lots of goodies.

Let us know if you find anything good. I've been looking around a bit, but haven't gotten too far since I need my skill to catch up with my desires, lol.

This guy has some cool stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCbw3JAwq5Y
It's not all flamenco, but several Spanish pieces that are really well done.

And here's a cool tango he does: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYIAEPK5G5k

I realize you said you wanted something beyond youtube, but thought you might like to at least see those :)

Last edited:
very cool, thanks for the share. i've seen some decent stuff on you tube, i think i will have to buy a book, it'll probably be for guitar but i'm sure you can apply most of the techniques to uke.

much love

I feel like a jerk responding like this, but here are some great flamenco artists that I have youtubed! (Sorry ha ha)

Jake Shimabukuro's Let's Dance is nuts, it's more of a spectacle than a learning experience since his technique is compunded only by the fact that he employs it in playing the ukulele.

Rodrigo y Gabriela are some of my favorite flamenco artists, both of their albums persuading me to practice my rasqueados persistently. Look up some of their videos and get the albums, that's helped me to some small degree, and has at the very least brought me some joy :)

Paco de Lucia, the god of flamenco. Again, and I'm sorry to be of not too much help, I'm none too sure of any instructional books put out by him, but he is absolutely worth the listen, Flamenco doesn't get much better than him.

Top Bottom