just a small imput from you guys

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day guys, well, ive sold off all but 1 of my instraments, so i got the money ready for a new uke, this uke will be my main and only uke, so it will be a uke a take everywhere, to parties, beach, jam sessions with mates, playing at home, and taking it on camping trips where it will sit in the car for a while ect. its gonna be the all everywhere ukuele, now im looking at buying the mele all koa, will make sure ive got a humidifier in the hard case, but im just not sure weather i should spend this much on a uke or should i just buy a fluke which is saposed to be more robust and pocket the rest of the cash?? or should i just harden up and go for the mele and just make sure im careful :shaka:

Why only have one uke?

lol dont get me started, but reason is im a uni student on government studnet allowence, can only work with money i have currently which is $800, which is purely instrament money, wont be any money on hobby stuff like this till i grad, sooo yeh, :shaka: ya dig

if this is your "take everywhere" uke, i would highly recommend you get a fluke. you will be able to have fun with it outdoors without worrying too much about damage.

well maybe will go outdoors once a month :D... ok sorry for waisting time guys haha, i want the mele, i guess i was just wanting to here what i wanted to here which was "buy the mele" i know if i didnt and bought a fluke i will kick myself in the gouch... appologies

Go with the Fluke, pocket the rest of the cash. Those Meles are nice but for an all around uke your not going to worry about, nothing beats a Flea or a Fluke.

what about sound, how do they match up???? cause its what we all worry about when we buy a ukulele :D

what about sound, how do they match up???? cause its what we all worry about when we buy a ukulele :D

I have no idea what a Mele sounds like I've only heard nice things about them. Fleas and Flukes you can hear all over YouTube. I have a concert flea, it is hard to put down. Check out this review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn0cHL3ZNkY
Also, RussBuss plays fleas and flukes all the time on his channel

I bought mine because I play outside on my lunch hour and it gets dang hot in St. Louis, I didn't want to take my solid wood one out in it. I have banged this thing so many times, the cat has knocked it over. It's just like oh well, the flea fell over, pick it up. Whoops knocked it into the door frame, oh well. indestructo uke.

Personally I love how it sounds and I was amazed a laminate and plastic uke was at least as loud as my solid wood.

Plus, they are so dang cute, you just want to pinch it's little cheeks.

The only thing about it that surprised me was the size, the concert neck is a little shorter than a "normal" concert size neck.

I really can't say enough nice things about them, but ultimately you have to decide for yourself. Hope that helps :)

well maybe will go outdoors once a month :D... ok sorry for waisting time guys haha, i want the mele, i guess i was just wanting to here what i wanted to here which was "buy the mele" i know if i didnt and bought a fluke i will kick myself in the gouch... appologies

Buy the uke you want.
Buy another one down the road.
Repeat as necessary.
:D

Will not that my opinon counts, But buy what you really want, if you don't you won't be happy with it no matter what you get.

BTW I have a Mele, and love it.

I have two meles (have sold two as well) and I've taken mine to the beach and the mountains for two weeks at a time. I was extremely careful with them. I will however say that I eventually bought a cheap kala soprano for hiking and beach trips. Btw shameless plug. I am selling a mele solid koa top solid mahghany back and sides for under your budget. Pm me if interested.

I have two meles (have sold two as well) and I've taken mine to the beach and the mountains for two weeks at a time. I was extremely careful with them. I will however say that I eventually bought a cheap kala soprano for hiking and beach trips. Btw shameless plug. I am selling a mele solid koa top solid mahghany back and sides for under your budget. Pm me if interested.

Way to go John get her into a good uke she will enjoy.:shaka:

hahahaha ahh i love the shameless plugs, but im not wanting mahogany ty kindle for the offer,btw if your selling that mele all koa with the 2 sound holes nice and cheap then yes, yes im interested ;), well i did some talking and actually went and played a fluke today, and, boys and girls yes i was saprised, there quiet loud for a little thing haha, and you guys are right, i love a uke that can just throw around and can always get another down the track, plus summer is comming on and for those of you who arnt familar with western australia heat, its usually 38 degrees cel on a normal day and upto bout 42, and with a mothers loveing and wise words over the phone, im gonna buy me the fluke and a portable aircon unit for myself in my little 2bd room place, so im gonna do ok during summer for the next 3 years at university, and my poor dog dosnt have to suffer, although i got a pool (every house in wa does) you guys know what its like trying to sleep when its stinking hot. thanks uu brothers and sexy sisters

I'd get the flea right now, and make that your all around beater (because they can take the abuse), then get a mele for the times you dont want to play the flea.

OR

Get the mele cuz its sooooooooooo pretty:) love it and hold it close to you until you love it so much you dont want to hurt it...then save up and get the flea.

I'd get the flea right now, and make that your all around beater (because they can take the abuse), then get a mele for the times you dont want to play the flea.

OR

Get the mele cuz its sooooooooooo pretty:) love it and hold it close to you until you love it so much you dont want to hurt it...then save up and get the flea.

although it would be niiice i gotta go with the less for nowand get a fluke ... but hey when i start saving again might save a bit more and buy a kamaka ;)

You made a good decision. The double puka I got has jake's signature. If it wasn't for that I'd sale it. My koa top mele is a better sounding and looking uke I think. Those fleas and flukes are great ukes. I will probally get one eventually.

You made a good decision. The double puka I got has jake's signature. If it wasn't for that I'd sale it. My koa top mele is a better sounding and looking uke I think. Those fleas and flukes are great ukes. I will probally get one eventually.

dam thats special, how did u manage to get him to sign it for you, is it a just for looks uke with the signiture

Top Bottom