Ukulele backpack question??

UKESTAR

Reaction score
I remember seeing a ukulele backpack that was REALLY nice and well made. Does anyone know the company? I can't seem to google it and find what I saw awhile back.:(

i just tried looking for an ukulele backpack all over google and ebay - couldn't find anything - sorry bro

You might be thinking of the Ritter gig-bags (http://www.ritter-bags.com)...they had backpack straps, were well padded and from what I hear, pretty durable.

They used to sell em all over the place...but last year, when I was looking for one I couldn't find any. From what I understand the old-style ones aren't made anymore. They have some newer ones, but I haven't been able to find em anywhere in the states...the closest I can find is their American distributor, Musical Distributors Group (http://www.musicaldistributors.com/)...

You might be thinking of the Ritter gig-bags (http://www.ritter-bags.com)...they had backpack straps, were well padded and from what I hear, pretty durable.

They used to sell em all over the place...but last year, when I was looking for one I couldn't find any. From what I understand the old-style ones aren't made anymore. They have some newer ones, but I haven't been able to find em anywhere in the states...the closest I can find is their American distributor, Musical Distributors Group (http://www.musicaldistributors.com/)...

Nice...but not the one.

Could be the older ritter model...those were pretty colorful. I think they had black/yellow, black/blue, and black/purple...they looked kind of a "mountain climber" look to em

Could be the older ritter model...those were pretty colorful. I think they had black/yellow, black/blue, and black/purple...they looked kind of a "mountain climber" look to em

Yeh...I think that must be it. I just checked out Ritter. Are they any good as far as you know?

I've heard a lot of good things about them. I wanted to buy one a while back, but couldn't find any state-side. Now that I'm talking about em again, I'm thinking about looking again! haha

u can also make the lanikai hard shell cases as backpacks, they come with double straps where u can jus hook both on the wider end of the case.

I remember seeing a ukulele backpack that was REALLY nice and well made. Does anyone know the company? I can't seem to google it and find what I saw awhile back.:(

Hey wassup?
Saw my name mentioned so I thought id check-in. Got your email UkeStar

The bag I use is a Ritter Bag. Awesome bags, They are made in the UK. The bags were originally designed for string instruments not specifically for ukuleles. Actually it's about 5 years old and I use it for practically all my air/ground travel. I think Ritter has changed the design/look a bit but I would still consider them for a soft backpack gig-travel bag. It's not a hard shell case so I wouldn't check it in. But who in there right mind would let their ukulele out of an eye-shot anyway? Just be careful when putting it in the overheard on the plane. Make sure no one tries jam there carry-on into it.

Actually I was turned on to the Ritter bag by Jake who used to use one in his early days of uke/gig traveling. When I first met Derick Sebastian he had one too. So I would say it goes without saying, It's a pretty good bag.

Talk Story:

One time I was at the airport car rental waiting in line to pick up my ride. I was carrying my Ritter on my back, backpack style when a belligerent drunk tourist standing behind goes "Ohh... well your here to play tennis?- tah! tah!" in a frk'n sarcastic way.
I kinda gave him da stink -eye back and I said "oh yah, fo sure brah, whadda you tink?"
The local girl at the counter apparently heard the conversation and when I got up to her, she said "thats not a tennis-bag thats for your ukulele".

"You know it for reals sistah" I said.

Jokingly, I ask her,"So you got my Ferrari ready?"

"Of course BruddahMark, It's all gassed up and siting around the back same place row B stall 10", she says.

"Mahaloz, see you next time", I said.

I glanced back just in time to see the jaw dropping from the drunk tourist.

"Aloha brah!" I shouted
as I made my way out to the lot to find my Kia.

Hey wassup?
Saw my name mentioned so I thought id check-in. Got your email UkeStar

The bag I use is a Ritter Bag. Awesome bags, They are made in the UK. The bags were originally designed for string instruments not specifically for ukuleles. Actually it's about 5 years old and I use it for practically all my air/ground travel. I think Ritter has changed the design/look a bit but I would still consider them for a soft backpack gig-travel bag. It's not a hard shell case so I wouldn't check it in. But who in there right mind would let their ukulele out of an eye-shot anyway? Just be careful when putting it in the overheard on the plane. Make sure no one tries jam there carry-on into it.

Actually I was turned on to the Ritter bag by Jake who used to use one in his early days of uke/gig traveling. When I first met Derick Sebastian he had one too. So I would say it goes without saying, It's a pretty good bag.

Talk Story:

One time I was at the airport car rental waiting in line to pick up my ride. I was carrying my Ritter on my back, backpack style when a belligerent drunk tourist standing behind goes "Ohh... well your here to play tennis?- tah! tah!" in a frk'n sarcastic way.
I kinda gave him da stink -eye back and I said "oh yah, fo sure brah, whadda you tink?"
The local girl at the counter apparently heard the conversation and when I got up to her, she said "thats not a tennis-bag thats for your ukulele".

"Of course BruddahMark, It's all gassed up and siting around the back same place row B stall 10", she says.

"Aloha brah!" I shouted

Funny story man...ha. Hey, where can I purchase one of these??

Talk Story:

"Aloha brah!" I shouted
hahaha that was hilarious. kodak moment!

Hey Nate. I used to see them on Ebay once in awhile. Way below of what I paid for it. I would check Craig's List for them also. The new one that is comparable is the Ritter "Revolution Imperial". Luggage quality. It might be pricey, but you pay for what you get.

Hey Nate. I used to see them on Ebay once in awhile. Way below of what I paid for it. I would check Craig's List for them also. The new one that is comparable is the Ritter "Revolution Imperial". Luggage quality. It might be pricey, but you pay for what you get.

Thanks man...will do.

Top Bottom