Where for art thou, KoAloha...

ukerazy

Reaction score
So... about 10 days ago, or so, i ordered me a spanking new Koaloha soprano from MGM. (I made a thread to celebrate and show my excitement) Mike sent it on the 31st of August and today we're on the 10th of september and... It's nowhere to be seen! USPS tracking claim it's in, wait for it... Germany!!! A good friend of mine on the forum kindly called USPS for me and they said its in, wait for it... the U.K! And U.K postal service Parcel Force claim its still in, wait for it... the U.S... Argh the stress is killing me!!

Royal mail told me that if it is in Germany it would possibly have to go back to the U.S before it gets to me in the U.K! He also said that hes never seen anything like what has happened and in such detail!

Why me!? Mike has probably sent hundreds of ukes to the U.K, trust mine to get lost! Like i said to my friend on here earlier, I have less luck than a shattered mirror (Anyone read my Pono thread from a while back?)

So... anyone have any nightmare postal/customs storys to share to make me feel worse/better lol?!

Everyone cross your fingers for my KoAlohas safe return to the U.K!

Fingers crossed for you. There's nothing quite like the agony of waiting for the new uke to arrive and only worse when other people screw it up for you.
Soon enough it will all be a funny story to tell though and you'll have a really fine ukulele to play while telling it.

Fingers crossed for you. There's nothing quite like the agony of waiting for the new uke to arrive and only worse when other people screw it up for you.
Soon enough it will all be a funny story to tell though and you'll have a really fine ukulele to play while telling it.

Thankyou, I hope it all turns out as well as you make it sound!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it makes it to you safely. I'm sorry you have to go through all this. :( I'm hoping its just a minor hold up.

Oh wow deja vu. I too was recently waiting for a uke ... a KoAloha!! And I had given it ample time to arrive for my birthday. Then I found out it was shipped parcel post (cheapest method) by accident. I nearly flipped. The seller was good enough to refund the $80 shipping cost (now you see why I flipped) ... but most importantly, it arrived the very day before.

So I know what you are going through and feel for you!!

I’m surprised though because MGM usually ships pretty fast but then again I’m just in California. Do a lot of people have this problem getting stuff shipped to them into Europe? Has he done anything to see where it is? That’s a really long time to wait.

Just think, it could have ended up in China
Really...don't give them any ideas! You don't suppose someone is trying to appropriate the uke via redtape, do you? I would hate to think so, but I've seen enough gov't BS to not put it passed someone! If you get a demand for money to recieve the uke, let us know!

I’m surprised though because MGM usually ships pretty fast but then again I’m just in California. Do a lot of people have this problem getting stuff shipped to them into Europe? Has he done anything to see where it is? That’s a really long time to wait.

Well he definately shipped it fast but the postal services have got it all wrong!! Mike said hes going to look into it, hopefully he can find something out and shed some light on this...

Thanks for the concern, glad you got yours though ;)

I really don't know why you're having to wait so long, mate. Someone somewhere is being stupid. Mike knows what he's doing - he's done it loads of times before. You know what you're doing - waiting!

Nah, somewhere in between is a person who couldn't find his behind with both hands.

I can't imagine what problem there could be with the import into UK/EU. Southern Uke Store manage to import stock into UK. Rigk manages to import all manner of ukes into Germany. I'm frequently wrong (because I rarely have a clue what I'm talking about) but the most likely explanation seems to be carrier mix-up. I've had that a couple of times with shipments of tuners and set-up tools from StewMac, and with a mandolin Tone Gard. Both orders got to me eventually.

The sellers are usually great. The carriers - especially within UK - are quite often rubbish. Grrr.

I'm keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you, Melissa. I hope it arrives soon and in great shape.

Really...don't give them any ideas! You don't suppose someone is trying to appropriate the uke via redtape, do you? I would hate to think so, but I've seen enough gov't BS to not put it passed someone! If you get a demand for money to recieve the uke, let us know!

LOL KoAloha for ransom!! I will keep you informed on what happens, keep checking the thread...

The sellers are usually great. The carriers - especially within UK - are quite often rubbish. Grrr.

You know what though, Buddhu, I don't even think its touched U.K soil yet! I mean how messed up is it that it will end up in Germany then possibly have to go back to the U.S before getting to me in the U.K!?

Believe me if it is in Germany and it is shipped DHL you are in trouble! Buy British next time - less hassle...:cool:

Hopefully it won't be in Germany for long lol! DHL shipped my Pono from Germany and it was an excellent service, problem is, Pete... where can you get a KoAloha in the U.K? I bought my Brueko and Eleuke local though...

I've had problems with DHL. :mad:

But on the other hand I bought a uke from Ukulele.de in Germany and had a great experience: good customer service, fair price and no delivery issues.

I've had problems with DHL. :mad:

But on the other hand I bought a uke from Ukulele.de in Germany and had a great experience: good customer service, fair price and no delivery issues.

Well buying from Rigk was the first and only experience i've had with DHL, so maybe I got lucky... Nah, not possible... lol

*knock knock*
Who could that be?
*opens door*
Hi DHL, FEDEX, UPS man.. what's this?
A new KoAloha ukulele?!

Thank you :D

hehe, don't worry. :shaka: it should show up sooner, why not today

*knock knock*
Who could that be?
*opens door*
Hi DHL, FEDEX, UPS man.. what's this?
A new KoAloha ukulele?!

Thank you :D

hehe, don't worry. :shaka: it should show up sooner, why not today

LOL why not today? because its 9:47pm here in the U.K lol and wherever it is, its not close enough to get here tomorrow either by the looks of it... thanks for the positivity though! Hopefully soon ey?

Top Bottom