A challenge..

It is a decent song and I couldnt give a curly crap about the politics behind it mate.

So if Milk-Can were offered a massive contract tomorrow they would turn it down would they?

I dont think so...Get real and wind your neck in

And nice to meet you too!

"If you don't like it, why post in the topic? "

On the other hand, if someone is praising something, and you think it is unworthy, why not say so. It gives balance.

For what it's worth, I thought the song was utter dross, but I'm an old fella, so I would, wouldn't I?

Ukantor

UU sure is welcoming these days. What's wrong with you guys? If you don't like it, why post in the topic?

Well said Link.
There is no such thing as good or bad music, its all about personal taste.
I teach my kids not to diss a tune if they dont like it. At least they have manners...
The guy in the vid Jamie T does stuff I would not normally listen to but I thought this one was ok. If you dont like it thats ok too!

But what does class have to do with it? As I said, would Milk-Can or whoever they are turn down a big fat recording contract? Would they b0ll0cks!!:rolleyes:

Peace!! :love:

It's not about anyone turning down a "big fat contract"...that's not how it works.

It's about how you come to be offered these contracts.

Do you teach your kids to have an opinion?

We're all entitled to an opinion, but why close yourself off to a particular type of music or song? Sure you might not like it but how many other people do... I bet many people here on the forum could take that song that Ukepunk posted and make it into something that everyone likes... as someone who plays the ukulele which lets face it, is not a widely known and respected instrument, especially in the U.K, I wouldn't judge anyones taste in music... I like all music, any genre and anything played with a ukulele sounds good to me... If you don't like it now, why not take up ukepunks challenge and make it into something you do like... after all thats what he was challenging us to do...

For some people music is just music...a catchy tune or a melody, something to whistle along to in the car or elevator...and for such people music is just music and all music is equal.

For other people music has a context, defines a moment, a feeling, a place or perhaps a relationship and music is so much more to them than just the music....Rock n Roll or Punk Rock are two examples of this.

Technical and progressive music comes out of the first group....Soulful and spirited from the 2nd....Neither one is more "correct" or "better"....they are just different and though peoples tastes can and do change I think the 2 aproaches are poles apart and un-mixable...and now I've forgotten what point I was trying to make and am just gonna go back to playing my uke!

For some people music is just music...a catchy tune or a melody, something to whistle along to in the car or elevator...and for such people music is just music and all music is equal.

For other people music has a context, defines a moment, a feeling, a place or perhaps a relationship and music is so much more to them than just the music....Rock n Roll or Punk Rock are two examples of this.

Technical and progressive music comes out of the first group....Soulful and spirited from the 2nd....Neither one is more "correct" or "better"....they are just different and though peoples tastes can and do change I think the 2 aproaches are poles apart and un-mixable...and now I've forgotten what point I was trying to make and am just gonna go back to playing my uke!

Well i could never put my feelings towards music into a group, music is everything to me... but it is certainly not catagorized.

Don't make this thread into something its not, if you don't like the song... don't post, ukepunk just wanted to start a fun challenge, im sure he didn't expect to get shot down.

Ha....got the chords....got my mic'...the challenge is on!

I don't have a web cam here...but I'll try and post a MP3....

Top Bottom