Best brand of external pickups?

Pandamonium

Reaction score
So I was wondering what everyone's favorite choice of external pick ups are.. I've always just gone with the bare sound of the uke and never hooked it up to an amp, and I've been meaning to buy one soon.. Anyone care to share their choice of pickups?

Also, if you could post a link of a really trusty-worthy site that I could use that'd be awesome too! ^.^, thanks!

Where are you? It's probably most helpful if we post links to sites in your part of the world.

Personally, I think "external" pickups, as in stick on bugs, are the least ideal solution for amplifying a uke. They are very prone to feedback, handling noise and percussive "thud" when strumming.

I'd suggest either getting an under-saddle pickup, or buying a condenser mic and stand and playing into the mic.

If you do go for stick ons, then go for a decent one such as LR Baggs or Headway, but under-saddles are really very easy to install. I did one a couple of weeks ago. Shadow, LR Baggs and Headway all do under-saddles that have received good reviews.

All just MHO. Hope you find what you need.

Well, I live in Texas in the U.S. But from what I know there's not very many places around our area that have decent ukuleles or even accessories. Also, how much is it to install an under-saddle? Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom