DIY Cigar Box Ukulele Classes

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started scheduling some "How To" classes in the local area including one at the local WoodCraft. I have a few lined up, but was considering traveling to any locale if people were wanting to learn. Classes generally run $300 per student (materials included). I can teach how to build ukuleles, mandolins, and dulcimers all with cigar boxes...with the obvious focus here on ukuleles. I think its fair considering its a lifetime of joyous instrument building and a good gateway into professional luthiery.

I've been laid off for 8 months with 3 kids and a stay at home wife:) so I am exploring any option at the moment. My offer is this...if anyone would like to host a class in your area, I will offer this to you free of charge if you guarantee a few paying students (number depends on distance travelled but I aint picky right now cuz I'm about flat busted). I can provide all materials, but we may have to discuss some tool sharing for obvious reasons. It is a project that can be done for a small group over a Friday night and Saturday, but that is also flexible.

So...if you have a big garage, shed or facility where you think you could host and would like to learn. You would be doing me a HU---GE favor, and I would count it as a blessing to be able to support my family doing something like this...even if its just short term until I can secure employment.

post comments and send messages -

Top Bottom