My first video(s)

CountryMouse

Reaction score
I just uploaded my first three videos. Please be gentle--I've only been playing for two weeks. :p

"You're So Sweet" was a rush job because I wanted to get the response out today to my sweetheart because of a wonderful video he did for me for my birthday today. So I had to get the chords (last night at 3am!), transpose it once, then learn that it was still not the right key for me (and I don't have a capo yet), and transpose again. So it's not very good.

I feel better about "Down in the Willow Garden" and "Stewball". :)

CountryMouse

Your first UU review too :) ....

Great job! 2 weeks you say....sounds like you've been at it for more than that.

:shaka:

Your first UU review too :) ....

Great job! 2 weeks you say....sounds like you've been at it for more than that.

:shaka:

Okay, you're teasing me about a review? My commentary on YouTube and its clunkiness? heh

Okay, it's exactly 2 weeks and 2 days! Srsly! And thanks. :)

CountryMouse

For those who wonder that I've only been playing ukulele for only 2 weeks:

I fooled around with a mandolin about 30 years ago, but never played "at speed", just strummed a bit (slowly!).

I did play autoharp and Appalachian dulcimer in the past, although neither of those were chorded instruments. Well, okay, the autoharp self-chords. :p And the dulcimer I played was a Homer Ledford traditional dulcimer, in that the frets only ran under the first (melody) string. The other strings were allowed to sound as drones (like a bagpipe). I pressed down on the melody string with a piece of wood called a "noter". So developing calluses has been a painful challenge!

I find the most difficulty in trying to quickly remember where to place all my fingers! LOL! I keep confusing the fingering for G7 and G--heh.

CountryMouse

Great videos. You have a great voice too!

Top Bottom