koa pili koko tenors still available and your thoughts???

Have you shopped around a bit? There are plenty of decent budget brand ukes you can buy for about $300. Check any of the beginner uke threads and it would be exceptional if you were not able to make a choice, even if you insist on solid wood.

My emails to Mike were answered very quickly, even before I realized I was Blackberrying him something like 4am Hawaiian time :). If you are going to buy from him, why not do a search there with your price as search string, or looking for tenors ranked by price? Besides MGM, Mainland Ukes are regarded well by a number of members but you have to like the rope binding, and don't forget the UU store with their Kamoa ukes. They may not be a large store, but you can count on it that they will not sell you crap.

UkeNinja....

Check those eBay ads again closely. That IS NOT Musicguymic! This guy isn't in HI, he's in NJ!

Seems to me he picked his eBay name specifically to try to trade off of Mike's stellar reputation. If that's the case, he's a poser and a loser!

I, for one, am sticking with the REAL Musicguymic! All others....pay real close attention to whom you are buying from!

I'm not familiar with that seller. You may want to ask the seller if they are willing to ship internationally and how much they would charge. 100% feedback is always nice to see. BTW, those are the same Ukulele, did you mean to put a different link? :)
I would buy from MGM or directly from the Magic Fluke. Co.,Elderly Music carries them for a nice price but they are out of stock until October. MGM is cheaper than buying direct unless you don't mind the stock strings and plastic fretboard. He only has one listed on e-bay, but I betcha he has more. Is there a particular one your looking for?

UkeNinja....

Check those eBay ads again closely. That IS NOT Musicguymic! This guy isn't in HI, he's in NJ!

Seems to me he picked his eBay name specifically to try to trade off of Mike's stellar reputation. If that's the case, he's a poser and a loser!

It's not like musicpicnic is even really that close to musicguymic, except they both use the word "music", and as they are both selling musical instruments, saying the one used the word "music" to copy the other seems pretty far fetched.

I, for one, am sticking with the REAL Musicguymic! All others....pay real close attention to whom you are buying from!

No argument from me there.

Do you research any before you post? It seems every time you change your mind about a uke, which is a lot, you make a post. Even my lazy ass will do a quick search before I start a thread.

UkeNinja....

The guy has had over 380 sales and has 100% buyer satisfaction. I'd say one would be 100% safe buying from this individual. If the price is too high, we all have the right to shop around.

never bought from that guy - but don't forget if you're looking for a fluke you can buy directly from the manufacturer - they're at:

http://fleamarketmusic.com

really great folks to deal with too!

flukes are a decent choice (was my first uke and i still play it regularly nearly 8 years later!) you can go with a rosewood fingerboard if you want a bit more durability...

it's a laminate top (which is great if you're in a dry climate) so you might want to give the uke a little extra time to open up. they sound great out of the box but sound a bit nicer after couple years of playing.

enjoy your new uke, and let us know which one you picked!

k

It's not like musicpicnic is even really that close to musicguymic, except they both use the word "music", and as they are both selling musical instruments, saying the one used the word "music" to copy the other seems pretty far fetched.

No argument from me there.

It's more than just the use of the word "music". Notice that both user names also end in "ic"? Notice that both have the same total number of letters? I still smell a rat here....

Do you research any before you post? It seems every time you change your mind about a uke, which is a lot, you make a post. Even my lazy ass will do a quick search before I start a thread.

maybe if someone deached me lol nah im kiddin, more deserving ppl out there, nah i was tossing up between a few, but decided to go for something a little cheaper, thats all, and i was just asking peoples opinion on which one looks better(design i mean) thats all :( im sorry for being a post hore..... i guess im gonna be banned now arnt i....

plus also i was curious about this seller of flukes, cause he seems to be always popping up in my searches... and with my question of uke choice, well you know what its like trying to buy a new ukulele, theres so much to choose from, wanna make sure im getting the right now, and by asking alot of questions, i was able to ween out the crap and narrow down my choices to two, which ended up being a toss up between the fluke and the mele... and the winner was the fluke plus an Aircon unit for this summer :D...

back on topic :rolleyes: yeh i have emailed MGM as he is trusted i only seen the bamboo one, i wonder if theres other he can get, which i asked

I'm not familiar with that seller. You may want to ask the seller if they are willing to ship internationally and how much they would charge. 100% feedback is always nice to see. BTW, those are the same Ukulele, did you mean to put a different link? :)
I would buy from MGM or directly from the Magic Fluke. Co.,Elderly Music carries them for a nice price but they are out of stock until October. MGM is cheaper than buying direct unless you don't mind the stock strings and plastic fretboard. He only has one listed on e-bay, but I betcha he has more. Is there a particular one your looking for?

nah bro i ment just which style people prefer the bamboo look or the tiki, im thinkin the tiki but the bamboos still cool too... but what one i am reallllly wanting is this http://www.tikiking.com/shopping_cart2/fluketikilele.html ive asked MGM if he has that one, it just has a certin pazaz about it...

UkeNinja....

Yeah, well, whatever. The starting post was changed completely so my comment is orphaned anyway. Apparently that happened while I was typing.

If you want a Fluke, just get the color you want, play, and be happy.

hey, that's the fluke i own!

attachment.php

tiki king used to hand paint them and sell them through flea market music (http://fleamarketmusic.com) but i'm pretty sure he stopped producing the hand-painted ones... they still have a few of his designs available - i kinda dig the surf fluke myself!

head to fleamarketmusic.com and check out their full line of flukes. they manufacture them so you're buying straight from the source. oddly, i've noticed mgm sells them for a few bucks cheaper and includes a quick setup and upgraded strings!

k

nah bro i ment just which style people prefer the bamboo look or the tiki, im thinkin the tiki but the bamboos still cool too... but what one i am reallllly wanting is this http://www.tikiking.com/shopping_cart2/fluketikilele.html ive asked MGM if he has that one, it just has a certin pazaz about it...

Ummm, are you talking to me? Cause I'm a GIRL ;) In any case If you like the Tiki King one, get the Tiki King. :)

Ummm, are you talking to me? Cause I'm a GIRL ;) In any case If you like the Tiki King one, get the Tiki King. :)

and i AM VERY SORRY, i call everyone mate and bro but i do appologise i ment no offence lol yeh im likeing the bamboo one MGM's got but in convo via email with him at the moment on some other recomendations, he's a really top bloke.

hey, that's the fluke i own!

attachment.php

tiki king used to hand paint them and sell them through flea market music (http://fleamarketmusic.com) but i'm pretty sure he stopped producing the hand-painted ones... they still have a few of his designs available - i kinda dig the surf fluke myself!

head to fleamarketmusic.com and check out their full line of flukes. they manufacture them so you're buying straight from the source. oddly, i've noticed mgm sells them for a few bucks cheaper and includes a quick setup and upgraded strings!

k

dam yeh they look cool hey, i wanted that surf one that was for sale on here but didnt have the cash and when i went to email it was gone, but i reckon MGM seems to have what im after

Yeah, well, whatever. The starting post was changed completely so my comment is orphaned anyway. Apparently that happened while I was typing.

If you want a Fluke, just get the color you want, play, and be happy.

yeh sorry bout that one mate, i was curious bout those koa pili kokos but remembered why i didnt get one in the first place, but thanks for your first response i appreciated it

I have a KPK tenor and I like it pretty well.
I was thinking of getting a Fluke before I bought the KPK, but couldn't wrap myself around the non-traditional design.

Yesterday I walked down the street to a local music shop. (I avoid the place usually because they're not altogether friendly.) They had Flukes and I played them.

I liked the Flukes pretty well and I have also had the privilege of hearing John (Link here on UU) get a GREAT sound out of his Flea. I still don't know if they're for me, but between the Fluke and the KPK, I'd grab the Fluke if I had it to do over again, no contest. :wallbash:

and i AM VERY SORRY, i call everyone mate and bro but i do appologise i ment no offence lol yeh im likeing the bamboo one MGM's got but in convo via email with him at the moment on some other recomendations, he's a really top bloke.

That's OK , I'm not offended, just sayin ;) Mike is the BEST, We've bought lots of stuff from him. He will not steer you wrong

I have a KPK tenor and I like it pretty well.
I was thinking of getting a Fluke before I bought the KPK, but couldn't wrap myself around the non-traditional design.

Yesterday I walked down the street to a local music shop. (I avoid the place usually because they're not altogether friendly.) They had Flukes and I played them.

I liked the Flukes pretty well and I have also had the privilege of hearing John (Link here on UU) get a GREAT sound out of his Flea. I still don't know if they're for me, but between the Fluke and the KPK, I'd grab the Fluke if I had it to do over again, no contest. :wallbash:

hey mate thanks for your honest opinion, the flukes are the way to go for a beater, i freak out if i bang my laminates and takeing a solid wood away everywhere would i reckon just suck, to much worry, i was the same as you, first time i saw them i though crap there lame, not for me, but the bloody things grow on you, espically when you hear some awsome sounds on youtube, the really do in my opinon have that "this is a little more serious" sound to them and they end up growing on you, im keeping a cole clark jack tenor in mind for my mext serious ukulele, australian made, theres a local store that sell them, although a price tag of $1000 AUS with electrics and cutaway, i reckon they produce a fantastic sound sound... thanks again

Top Bottom