next time - plastic uke

Harold O.

Reaction score
While out on my Sunday cycling ride, we passed by a yard sale setting up. One of my guys pointed out a plastic uke on a table up front and I caught a very quick glance.

I noted where we were, finished the ride, got cleaned up, and bee-lined it back to the spot ready to haggle for the uke. Nope. Someone else got there ahead of me.

I was already imagining the fun I'd have, the goofy looks I'd get, the joy that little plastic instrument would bring. Funny how that happens. Missed out, though.

Next time I'm stopping.

:-( sad....but lets hope it went to a good home!

I'm a big yard sale/boot sale/thrift shop enthusiast....I have learned 3 wee rules for the "art":

1. Never pass by an open thrift shop...you just never know!
2. If it's closed....don't look in the window, it'll break your heart!
3. If you see it and like it, buy it...it will never be there upon your return!

I also frequent yard sales and flea markets. I want to add one rule to JCMcGee's rules. If you see something you are interested in, pick it up immediately, then make your decision.

If you are holding it, you have first dibs. Don't let it sit while you go looking around, or while you think about if you want it. You can always set it back down. Good Hunting!!

:-( sad....but lets hope it went to a good home!

I'm a big yard sale/boot sale/thrift shop enthusiast....I have learned 3 wee rules for the "art":

1. Never pass by an open thrift shop...you just never know!
2. If it's closed....don't look in the window, it'll break your heart!
3. If you see it and like it, buy it...it will never be there upon your return!

My husband likes to stop at any yard sale he comes upon. I'm gonna ask him to bring home any plastic ukulele he ever sees!

Too cool!

CountryMouse

Top Bottom