Crazy good uke player and songwriter

Link

Reaction score
Hey UUers,

Theres this guy on Youtube who is one of the greatest ukulele songwriters that I know of. He uses some super original chord progressions and his lyrics are amazing. His name is Scott Whittemore, or kangatheroo7.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kangatheroo7

Somehow, he only has 70 something subscribers. Have any of you heard him? I figure we all love ukulele music here, and I just wanted to share his stuff, since I think he is certainly one of the best. I think he should be on tour with Victoria Vox or something.

Anyone watch him?

yah wow. That dude is awsome and definately needs more recogintion that he's gotten. Very impressive :shaka: I was hypnotized :confused:

subscribed too

I've got to admit, I didn't see him before, though he seems to be pretty into the Underground, too. according to his vids almost all of them are meant for UU contests...

Yeah his stuff from earlier this year is really, really cool too. I wonder how he isn't one of the more prominant uke players on youtube.

this guy is incredible! "Bring the song on Challenge?" ... am I missing this? Is this official eh?

awesome...thanks for steering us his way, link

I like his style! Very unique. I subscribed to his channel, and I agree, it's odd he doesn't have more subs.

Thanks for pointing him out Link, that is great stuff! I sub'd too.

Wow, thanks for that. At first seeing him, I didn't think much, actually thought it would suck but he's really great, love his writing and playing. Inspiring to me! Can't wait to get home tonight, it's my birthday and I think my wife bought me a new kala acacia tenor!!!! YAY!

Wow, thanks for that. At first seeing him, I didn't think much, actually thought it would suck but he's really great, love his writing and playing. Inspiring to me! Can't wait to get home tonight, it's my birthday and I think my wife bought me a new kala acacia tenor!!!! YAY!

You lucky dog, you!

Central Arkansas....Burnett....I knew a Jim Burnett from Hickory Ridge (Wynn) almost 30 years ago when we were both in the USAF, living in Denver. Any chance?

Top Bottom