Higher pitch?

Harris

Reaction score
Hey there UU,

ive just been watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIh0rbpjDPQ

and his ukulele sounds quite high pitched and i really like the tone of it. Is there any way i can get that sort of sound from my makala pineapple?

I am going to be buying a new uke soon so is there any youd reccomend for around $100 that have that nice sound ?

thanks uu:shaka:

It looks to me like he's just playing higher up the fretboard. The higher pitch seems only to be coming from the chords he's playing.

$100 puts a low end kala in your budget, like a KA-S, KA-C, or KA-T (soprano, concert, or tenor). If you wanted to spend another 40 bucks or so you could probably wrangle a solid spruce top from Kala, KA-SC, KA-ST (concert or tenor).

Lanikai doesn't get as much buzz on these forums as Kala, because MGM (our favorite ebay seller ever) doesn't stock the base models, but I have a lanikai sprucetop tenor that I really like. Kala and Lanikai are very much alike, but the lanikai's are a little cheaper.

hope this helps!

Hi man, thanks for the reply!

Ive been looking at ohanas, particualrly this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ohana-SK35G-Soprano-Ukulele-All-Solid-Mahogany-NEW_W0QQitemZ320403814153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Sting_Instruments?hash=item4a998e3709&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Im not sure if il be able to get that amount, if not, would it be worth maybe getting something along the lines of a LU-21c ?

I dont know though, soprano size seems to be perfect for me, i just love playing my makala pineapple even though its not a very exspensive instrument. Aquilas bring it to life lol!

Thanks for the replies mate, il try and figure out the chords to that song too.

I'm sorry, I had no idea you were talking about pounds and not US dollars. I would definitely go with the Ohana over the baseline Kala or Lanikai. That Ohana is a solid wood uke, and the brand gets a lot of well deserved love. I've never played one, but look around and you'll be able to find some reveiws. best of luck!

Kala and Ohana are both safe bets.

Search ebay for Southern Ukulele Store, or check out Ukulele.de in Germany. Both have quite a selection.

Top Bottom