Kala Concert

CheezeGrater

Reaction score
No, I don't think it's solid. Mostly likely flame mahogany laminate.

I wouldn't worry too much though. If you recall MGM's last sound test, few people could tell the difference between the two.

Kala's are typically pretty good, especially considering the price range.

Go for it.

No, I don't think it's solid. Mostly likely flame mahogany laminate.

Ditto. Seems like a very new product. Couldn't find it at Kala's website.

For that price, including a hard case and tuner, strings, set-up, etc. seems a little low for a quality uke.

Love the way it looks.

Its laminate. Go for it!!!! Its nice to have a laminate in your stable that way you could take it around town without worrying so much about upkeep. I plan on getting a laminate myself as I'm to paranoid to take any of my solids down to the beach, park, etc.....

Thanks guys, the only thing is, I already have a laminate, in a Lanikai LU21. I was looking for a massive upgrade...hahah I just love the way the Kala looks though..

http://cgi.ebay.com/JUST-ARRIVED-Fl...in_0?hash=item3a52c529d8&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

I know that MGM has a wonderful rep, but I have no idea about the uke itself...Is this solid everything, including the top? How does it play and what not...Is there any reviews of this out there?

I really like the flamed mahogany, and I was looking for a new uke, lemme know UU! :D :shaka:
Why don't you contact Mike via E-mail or tele, tell him what you're looking for, what you're budget is and any other questions you may have. He should be able to help you out.

wow nice uke.

I have a Kala Concert but its the straight mahogany type....I LOVE IT.

IMG_1941-2.jpg

I think the proper question is "Why is so inexpensive?" Cheap can imply shoddy workmanship or a junk product. Kala is neither of those.

That's the average price for a laminated Kala. Kala's aren't that expensive in the first place and dollar for dollar, they're great performers.

Top Bottom