SoCal Uke Technicians and Luthiers?!

surfer808and949

Reaction score
hey guys, hopefully this hasn't been posted...but I need some work done on my Uke and I'm in Orange County right now. Anyone know of someone who can set them up right? I've got some buzzing in the bridge and the action itself is too high so the intonation gets a bit off...

thanks!

email me at jasonkane86@gmail.com if you have any tips! thanks

Mike Atkins of Alternate Tunings in Cayucos might be able to help you out, or at least recommend someone. alternatetunings.com

A & B Music in Huntington Beach (Bob is the owner) has a luthier that comes in and does work...I think his name is Dave. He repaired a small crack on the front of my soprano for $50. Took about a week.He did a great job. I can't even find the crack now. The store is located on Magnolia, between Yorktown and Garfield in a small strip mall. (714)962-8911

Island Bazaar is a uke shop, also in HB. Though I don't believe they employ a luthier, they could certainly refer you to the more respspected uke fixers in the area. They may look at it and find that the problem is simple enough to fix yourself, or you could post more info here and somebody may be able to assist (picture(s) of the bridge area, 1-string buzz or all, how high is 'too high', etc)

http://www.islandbazaarhb.com/

have fun!

a&b music is a great store, my father and i have been customers there for 20 years or so. island bazaar is where my uke was purchased, if you go there, go across the street for lunch at the bar, they have some good tacos there =)

Last edited:
McCabes Guitar Shop 3101 Pico Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90405 Phone (310)828-4497

Jim Beloff (fluke creator) used to hold concerts and jam sesh meetups there...

I can't remember the guys' name who works there, but he was some OLD OLD dude who's got a soft spot for ukes! He was real cool. I'm sure he'd fix up your uke nicely!

Top Bottom