Beatles Complete on Ukulele - Rev.#9!

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
I've got all the mp3s from The Beatles Complete on Ukulele and have listened to them all at least a few times. They range, IMHO, from great uke tunes, to tunes that had uke added as an afterthought, to tunes where you can barely find the uke, to really crappy covers. Common gimmicks include arbitrary sound clips and audio that sounds like an old AM radio. Seriously, if they contact you to submit the next installment, listen to them so you don't try to be so edgy that you're the same as everybody else.

The newest addition, Revolution #9, is a great attempt to take the memorable parts of the original, condense it into a listenable length, and tie it together into a cohesive song. An ambitious endeavor that makes for a worthy follow-up to the previous listing, Revolution Live.

I'd be interested in your reviews as well. Overall, I think it's good listening and good uke publicity.

I've listened to several and found "The Beatles Complete on Ukulele" to be far better in concept than execution.

Give me Greg Hawkes, WS64, or some dude strumming and singing Jumpin' Jim's arrangement of "Penny Lane" every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Not only are many of the arrangements disappointing (to my ear, anyway) the blog posts accompanying the songs are invariably of the "John was a genius, Paul is a weenie, George and Ringo don't matter" variety which irritates the bejeebers out of me.

Not only are many of the arrangements disappointing (to my ear, anyway) the blog posts accompanying the songs are invariably of the "John was a genius, Paul is a weenie, George and Ringo don't matter" variety which irritates the bejeebers out of me.

Everyone knows that George was the genius. (I kid -- I defend Paul every time the Beatles comes up in conversation when I am visiting my parents.)

George was the best because he played the ukulele.

George was the best because he played the ukulele.

I don't know about Ringo... But I know that John and Paul both played as well...

Top Bottom