She's Like the Wind - Patrick Swayze

Hankthetank

Reaction score
As you may know, Patrick Swayze lost his long battle with Pancreatic Cancer yesterday. I say long battle as Pancreatic Cancer usually takes your life within 6 months of diagnosis. He fought it for 20 months.

This is my ukulele cover of "She's Like the Wind" from the movie "Dirty Dancing." I hope you enjoy it.:shaka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJY_8s0xvQ&feature=channel_page

As you may know, Patrick Swayze lost his long battle with Pancreatic Cancer yesterday. I say long battle as Pancreatic Cancer usually takes your life within 6 months of diagnosis. He fought it for 20 months.

This is my ukulele cover of "She's Like the Wind" from the movie "Dirty Dancing." I hope you enjoy it.:shaka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYJY_8s0xvQ&feature=channel_page

Really nice tribute. Thanks for playing it and posting it.

It's true that pancreatic cancer is so horribly aggressive. My beloved grandmother died from it only about three months after being diagnosed. If there is a silver lining in Patrick's battle, it is that he got to see how valued and appreciated he was, and that his passing may bring some needed attention and funding to fight this vicious form of cancer.

It's true that pancreatic cancer is so horribly aggressive. My beloved grandmother died from it only about three months after being diagnosed. If there is a silver lining in Patrick's battle, it is that he got to see how valued and appreciated he was, and that his passing may bring some needed attention and funding to fight this vicious form of cancer.

I hear you. My wife's aunt was seemingly fine when we went over for Xmas last year. A few months later in February or March, she was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. She lost her battle with the disease at the end of July. It is a truly ugly form of cancer. I hope strides can be made for early detection and treatment.

I too have lost a loved one to pancreatic cancer. It took her after about 3 months. Patrick was Swayze was diagnosed just shortly after and I was worried because I knew how fast it could progress. I saw an interview with him and I know his was fighting like hell. Atleast he is no longer in pain. R.I.P

It killed my mother a couple of years ago. It took about 4 months.
I wasn't as shocked at how fast it killed her, but how damnably cruelly. It is a terrible disease.

Top Bottom