GHS Strings

Reaction score
Today I made my way to the music store to pick up some new uke strings. I didn't really need new strings, but I've been using the same strings that came with the uke since I got it, and as I've heard, the easiest way to make a uke sound better is to replace its strings for the first time. The only tenor uke string that they had were some GHS strings for around four dollars.

After I bought them I recalled reading somewhere that GHS was just another cheap brand of string that they put on new ukes, so I had second thoughts whether to string my uke with them or return them. So what better thing to do then to ask you guys?

One thing I noticed about them was that the G, E, and A strings were made of black nylon, but the C string was made with aluminum (How does a ukulele sound with an aluminum string).

I don't know what brand is on my uke now, because as I've said, they are the strings that came with the uke.

Thanks.

More than likely the originals are GHS strings as well... Everyone says to change the strings. I know I used GHS strings on my uke for a long time and they played well. Its really up to you if you keep them... I would say if the ones on your uke don't have a wound C then try them out and see what you think :)

Top Bottom