Pono OT Ohai Tenor with Gig Bag Like New $199

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-mace

Reaction score
No paycheck = selling excess ukuleles, guitars, amps and bikes....all of my hobbies.

I haven't had this for long so it is in like new condition. I think these solid ohai wood tenors are an excellent value. I was able to try this one out before purchasing.....a rarity for most of my past purchases.

Follows are some of my opinions and observations of this model.

1. The intonation is spot on all over the fretboard.
2. The action is medium low and plays well with no buzzing.
3. This ukulele is heavier than some of the more expensive "K" tenors I have had. I'm not sure if ohai wood is heavier, but it does have a truss rod which definitely adds some weight. It's actually a cool feature and lets you adjust the curvature of the neck and a bit of the action.
4. The build quality is outstanding. No workmanship flaws inside or out.
5. I have it strung low G with D'Addarios....I tried a Worths and Aquilas and preferred this set up best. I have a high G string if interested.
6. It comes with a Pono gig bag (pictured).
7. The overall volume is lower then other ukuleles I have had. I'm not sure why because it has a big body....maybe its the wood. I think it also gives off a sweet mellow sound, again different from other ukuleles I've owned which is what attracted me to it.
8. The photos make it look yellower (warmer) than it's true color....

$199+$10 shipping

Attachments

• DSC_0797.jpg
    DSC_0797.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0798.jpg
    DSC_0798.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0799.jpg
    DSC_0799.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0804.jpg
    DSC_0804.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0801.jpg
    DSC_0801.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 77
Wow, thats an amazing deal! Hope someone snatches it fast :)

A quick look

A quick look at on-line prices puts this at about $100.00 under market price. A good deal for those in the market.

I talked to a friend that had a conversation with John K. from Ko'olau ukuleles and guitars. He mentioned that the first batch of Ohais had a little thicker cut of wood which might have klead to the sound being a little quieter. I do know that if I wasn't saving up for a KoAloha I'd buy this uke. Great Price and they really are beautiful sounding instruments.

I talked to a friend that had a conversation with John K. from Ko'olau ukuleles and guitars. He mentioned that the first batch of Ohais had a little thicker cut of wood which might have klead to the sound being a little quieter. I do know that if I wasn't saving up for a KoAloha I'd buy this uke. Great Price and they really are beautiful sounding instruments.

Hey that would explain why i don't agree (see the pono ohai thread here : http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15905 ) with the first posters. I was even surprised to read about it because the table seems thin on mine (sse my post).

I do not own the tenor, only the soprano version, but i am definitely happy with it. Besides the build is very good and the wood has a very nice aspect for those who like satin finish.

Besides the build is very good and the wood has a very nice aspect for those who like satin finish.

I forgot to mention the satin finish....I really dig it on this model. It always looks really clean, ie. no finger prints and it doesn't show any marks.

Still for sale?

Is this Pono still for sale?
thanks
db

I might need to sell my Kala lacewood spruce top to finance this.

uas.gif

Might be a good idea if you added your sound clip to your post.

Might be a good idea if you added your sound clip to your post.

Hmmm....I'll see if I can figure it out. It's one thing to send it to a couple of people, it's another to have the over 800 people that have viewed this thread hear my sloppy playing.:eek:

SOLD!!!

Thx UU for this great service!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom