Hamano H-100 soprano ukulele - opinions?

KC8AFW

Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on the Hamano H-100 soprano uke? I really like the looks of this uke, and the 1920s vibe it has, but I don't know how it sounds. Both Elderly and MGM has them.

:anyone:

Never tried one....but the photos of MGM's look much cooler. I dig the dark brown color of the wood.

The Japanese (Kiwaya & Hamano) sure know how to clone a 1920s Martin both in looks and sound. I would rather have this Hamano than a new Mexican Martin. The unpineappleness (new word) keeps my UAS in check.

The Japanese (Kiwaya & Hamano) sure know how to clone a 1920s Martin both in looks and sound. I would rather have this Hamano than a new Mexican Martin. The unpineappleness (new word) keeps my UAS in check.

Thanks, Ahnko. They definately have the looks...I was hoping they had the sound. I've really become fond of the 1920s-ish Martin sound as of late.

I have the concert Hamano (from MGM) and I think it is an outstanding ukulele for the money. The mahogony is dark and has a nice grain the construction is clean and the sound is great. It is very light and resonant, I could not be more happy with my concert. I would imagine it's little brother is just as nice although I have never played one.

i had a hamano soprano once, it was a nice uke. workmanship was pretty clean and it played well. my only complaint is that it wasn't very loud compared to my vintage martins. if you're in that price range and want a modern martin clone, i'd actually recommend a laminate kiwaya ks-1 - i had one that i enjoyed playing over the hamano.

Top Bottom