Tiny tweak to the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
The rules here are commendably few and simple. That works for me.

That said, as we already have "No racism", could we explicitly add "No homophobia"?

There are still a few (very few) people here who entertain the notion that somehow there is something odd or funny about the fact that some of our UU siblings prefer to keep their romantic interests same-gender.

Until the last few bigots grow the hell up, could we please just add that little spec and make it clear that we as a community don't share the prejudice?

Love is love, dammit.

Thanks.

how about no discrimination of any kind ? that could knock out that and a few others

Love is love, I think that is a good thing you are saying Rick... You're awesome!

well if you look at the rules, the first one is a given. the 3rd one down is already listed here.

UkuleleUnderground is love, thus it should be a loving site anyway, ya?!

Totally agree with you buddhuu.

hmm, would have kinda thought that was a "given"...apparently it is not. Time for a new rule.

"there will be no prejudice douchebag comments of any kind on this forum"

it's an ukulele forum for crying out loud. Good call

you are right. but the douchebag comments also fall under "dont be a jerk" but it should be "jerk/douchebag" haha

That said, as we already have "No racism", could we explicitly add "No homophobia"?
Yes please.

Any specific posts you were offended by, in that case send a complaint as well. But you may be on to a US-Europe kind of manure pit of the "it's a cultural thing so don't impress your values onto us"-kind. I hope not.

Last edited:
well if you look at the rules, the first one is a given. the 3rd one down is already listed here.[...]

Yup, Fred. I acknowledged the presence of that third one. I'm delighted it's there. :)

Why would we not add the one I asked for? A couple of recent posts have, IMHO, shown a need. The juvenile posts in question (which may not have been meant to cause offense) were ably addressed by a moderator.

We could save mods the trouble of that vigilance by putting it in the rules.

If we really do welcome the beats of all different drums, then why should we not add it?

Thanks for your comments. I'm really not trying to be a pain in the arse here.

Fred Miu said:
[...] UkuleleUnderground is love, thus it should be a loving site anyway, ya?

I couldn't agree more, mate. There's nowhere I'd rather be. :shaka:

Yup, Fred. I acknowledged the presence of that third one. I'm delighted it's there. :)

Why would we not add the one I asked for? A couple of recent posts have, IMHO, shown a need. The juvenile posts in question (which may not have been meant to cause offense) were ably addressed by a moderator.

We could save mods the trouble of that vigilance by putting it in the rules.

If we really do welcome the beats of all different drums, then why should we not add it?

Thanks for your comments. I'm really not trying to be a pain in the arse here.

I couldn't agree more, mate. There's nowhere I'd rather be. :shaka:

since we have had trouble in the past, it does make sense to entail new comers to not make hurtful gender jokes.

that and politics, never again will we let those two topics appear and let get dirty ever again, ever

i'd like to think "no racism" and "no homophobia" are common sense enough for most people. the few people that step over those lines aren't reading any list of rules anyway.

the moderators seem to do a pretty good job with keeping things nice around here.

Great idea. I totally agree.

Can't wait to do my I'm Gay For Ukulele Contest.

Love,

Josh

yh

Thank you to Fred and all the other moderators for keeping UU the best forum on the web.:cheers:

It is a shame something as homophobia exists. I wonder when it'll be nothing special anymore if a couple (of which gender it might be) would be allowed to marry as it wants and to adopt children.

One love, one heart, one people!

please, the other mods get more praise. i overview threads and by the time something happens, a mod gets it before i do.

makes me feel useless...

i'd like to think "no racism" and "no homophobia" are common sense enough for most people. the few people that step over those lines aren't reading any list of rules anyway.

True, but look at the last sentence of the rules:

Moderators have the right to lock accounts or ban members for violation of the rules.

As it stands, moderators arguably can't take these actions against someone posting homophobic remarks. The other rules might cover the situation... might not. Putting the suggested tweak in place would establish the mods' right to lock or ban in these cases, if necessary.

I support the suggestion.

I too support the suggestion. It should not be necessary, but unfortunately I believe it is.

Ukantor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom