ukulele amps????

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day are there specific amps needed for ukuleles ??? whats the best value for money one?

good man, i really should start useing that search function.... but the thought of reading through different threads when the knowledge is floating around out there in someones head.... well you get where im going with this ;)

In truth... He probably used the search function as well :) But Russ seems to always have links to threads so maybe I am wrong...

In truth... He probably used the search function as well :) But Russ seems to always have links to threads so maybe I am wrong...

no you're right Andy, i used the search function. it was quick and easy to find that thread. hopefully others will find it just as quick and easy.

no you're right Andy, i used the search function. it was quick and easy to find that thread. hopefully others will find it just as quick and easy.

russ you the search function man, definetly change your name to searchking :rolleyes:

I know many people are very happy with the results they get from some very good electric guitar amplifiers, but I'm 100% with Pippin on this. A decent acoustic amplifier makes a world of difference.

An acoustic guitar amplifier would be my weapon of choice every time.

Marshall acoustic amps are great. I use a 50w Marshall as my working amp, and I'm extremely satisfied with it. I'd say the Marshalls offer a nearly unbeatable combination of sound, quality, features and affordability. With the help of a small mixer I sometimes use mine as a mini-PA for 4 or more people at very small gigs!

There are better amps out there, but most of them cost several arms and several legs.

A mate of mine has a lovely Carvin acoustic amp, and another has an AER acoustic amp.

I know many people are very happy with the results they get from some very good electric guitar amplifiers, but I'm 100% with Pippin on this. A decent acoustic amplifier makes a world of difference.

An acoustic guitar amplifier would be my weapon of choice every time.

Marshall acoustic amps are great. I use a 50w Marshall as my working amp, and I'm extremely satisfied with it. I'd say the Marshalls offer a nearly unbeatable combination of sound, quality, features and affordability. With the help of a small mixer I sometimes use mine as a mini-PA for 4 or more people at very small gigs!

There are better amps out there, but most of them cost several arms and several legs.

A mate of mine has a lovely Carvin acoustic amp, and another has an AER acoustic amp.

yeh buddhuu i read your post on amps ect. great read btw very informative, when i get my new uke im gonna search round for a accoustic amp, defiently agree with you also, they make a big difference

I picked up an "Acoustic" AG30, based on Mickey's review of an AG60 and Dech's recommendation of the AG30. It produces nice natural tones from my acoustic instruments. I also own several battery/AC powered amps that are switch selectable for acoustic instruments:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5333

I think the amp selection boils down to the application. Buddhuu's "amp guide" writeup was a pretty detailed/accurate description. The sound of a uke through a regular amp sounds good, when adjusted properly. Turn the Master Volume all the way up and use the Gain control to raise the level. This creates the cleanest possible sound from a guitar amp. Ric

Top Bottom