My first Uke vid on Youtube

nice...........

Very nicely done.......I dont know the tune, but your timing seemed really good, with a few good crossovers in there. Hope I'm that good at three months in!!

Keep the vids coming!

Paul

Well done mate. You said you where having trouble making a pretty tone, try picking higher up the next, this will give you a mellower tone, you can also try using the fleshy part of your thumb, just mix it up a bit.
If that was what you can do after 3 months, your tone will come, just keep up the pratice.

Awesome job for only 3 months! :D

Well done mate. You said you where having trouble making a pretty tone, try picking higher up the next, this will give you a mellower tone, you can also try using the fleshy part of your thumb, just mix it up a bit.
If that was what you can do after 3 months, your tone will come, just keep up the pratice.

Thanks very much for that. I have been trying what you suggested, but I am having one of those "nails" issues. I find it really hard to pick without nails when doing patterns, but the nails are getting in the way for pieces like this. Frustration. I'll keep trying though!

Thanks for the kind and encouraging comment. I wanted to say that I have just watched your wine/uke festival vid. Absolutely brilliant!!. Love the vid and also very sad it is too far for me to travel to. I would attend in a flash. Two of my favourite things wine and uke. Well done.

Thanks for the kind and encouraging comment. I wanted to say that I have just watched your wine/uke festival vid. Absolutely brilliant!!. Love the vid and also very sad it is too far for me to travel to. I would attend in a flash. Two of my favourite things wine and uke. Well done.

Thank you very much. I wish I could go as well, but I don't think my workload will allow it. I'm not sure how many UU-ers will be attending, but I'm a bit surprised that the contest isn't getting more interest - I'm the only entrant so far!

LOL, you hear someone coughing when you say "nasty sounds".

The playing is very good, sure its only 3 months.

Hi, yes, you do hear a sneeze. That is my girlfriend who can't help getting herself involved whenever I try and tape anything. Either she coughs, slams a door or simply walks into the room in the back of shot! What can you do?

Yes, I have been playing 3 and half months. My girlfriend bought me a Mahalo soprano in late June. Totally fell in love with the sound, but realised I need to to upgrade pretty soon. The Mahalo was more of a toy and made some pretty odd sounds of its own.

Top Bottom