A Note From Mary, John Kavanagh's Wife

Heidi Litke

Reaction score
Hello Uke Friends,

It has been awhile since my last post. My dear friend Mary, John Kavanagh's wife has asked me to post her message below. I dearly miss John and I thank you for your time. I will be forwarding all your kind thoughts to Mary.

Heidi Litke

Here is Mary's Note:

To the friends of John Kavanagh: I'm John's wife. A remarkable thing happened to me recently. When I paid the bill for John's funeral, it cost considerably less than I expected. I learned that the funeral home had received an anonymous payment, in American funds, amounting to about $1300 Canadian. I was overwhelmed!

I respect the desire for anonymity but I want thank whoever did this. I suspect that the giver or givers might be a part of the ukulele community. What kindness and generosity! It is, of course, a financial help at a difficult time but, much more, it's a VERY touching indication of esteem for John. It makes me happy to know that others appreciated him, as I did. So, remain anonymous if you like, but please accept my heartfelt thanks for such kindness.

Mary McFarlane

Wow amazing. Thanks, Mary. And the measure of our (general, and humble) thanks to John for his unforgettable generosity in teaching uke and life. I really miss him. Thanks Mary for your note. Thanks John for sending me the tabs to Whispering. And I echo thanks to whoever did that, with my blessings, too.
Don't wanna get mushy, but I trust the two John's (K and K, Kavanagh and King) have met up. Must be uke heaven in Heaven. Must be nice music.

I am sorry for your loss. I did not know John as I am relatively new to the board but he must have been a tremendous person for someone to do that. Again, my condolences.

Top Bottom