Best Case for Pineapple Sunday

Ronnie Aloha

Mahalo Sen. Dan, R.I.P.
UU+
UU VIP
Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best fitting case for this? I have one on order and I'll need a case.

I checked on a custom and got a quote of $150. I'm not looking to spend that much right now.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best fitting case for this? I have one on order and I'll need a case.

I checked on a custom and got a quote of $150. I'm not looking to spend that much right now.

Who did you contact for the custom case? I'm looking for one for the Sceptre. :confused:

hey mate, i was just checking out on the mele site and seen that it says in the drop down section under "size" in this link http://www.meleukulele.com/shopexd.asp?id=100
that the tenor will fit a concert pineapple and for $60 for a hard shell, worth looking at mate

hey mate, i was just checking out on the mele site and seen that it says in the drop down section under "size" in this link http://www.meleukulele.com/shopexd.asp?id=100
that the tenor will fit a concert pineapple and for $60 for a hard shell, worth looking at mate

Thanks. I'll give them a call for the dimensions. The problem with the PS is that its a long neck and not a standard concert neck.

everytime i see a pinneapple sunday i die a little inside. they are so beautiful i cant stand it. haha.

Thanks. I'll give them a call for the dimensions. The problem with the PS is that its a long neck and not a standard concert neck.

well if you check out the picture, theres still a fair bit of room left with the tenor in there (length wise) hopefully its a winner cause there a nice case at a cheap price, gotta protect the precious

hey mate, i also found this its some guy with a pineapple sunday in a uke case, which looks a little like a kala one but dont quote me on it, maybe find out his case, by the looks it sits in there really well

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...8&prev=/images?q=pineapple+sunday&gbv=2&hl=en

Thanks Keith. I've actually had a few messages back and forth with GX who writes that blog. The case is an Ameritage with a price tag of about $235. Its probably the best case out there though so its worth it especially if you live in a dry climate since it has a built in humidifier.

Thanks Keith. I've actually had a few messages back and forth with GX who writes that blog. The case is an Ameritage with a price tag of about $235. Its probably the best case out there though so its worth it especially if you live in a dry climate since it has a built in humidifier.

lol, thats alot, hopefully the mele one works out for you... Best of luck

George likes to go all out with his cases, and he has to, since he needs to protect his collection for the climate in minnesota.

But since I got a pineapple sunday now, I think I can weigh in on this one. The foam concert cases (now branded uke crazy) is a very snug fit, which is fine, since there's no wiggle, and it does protect the uke properly. However, after a pickup install, I was pretty sure that it would not fit in one of those anymore with that extra output jack in the end. So I ended up trying to fit my PS in a Protec concert case that I had been using for a white label Kamaka Concert, and the Pineapple Sunday actually fit VERY well in the Protec. It was like cinderella and the glass slipper. Just an awesome fit. And I think that it'll fit even better with an extra cm added by that pickup jack.

I don't know what exactly the Protec case is called, or the model, since it is pretty old, but if I remember correctly, it has MSRP of about $100, and can be had for about $80 street. It's sort of a rectangular shape, and has a lot of neck support, and a large rectangular area for the body. Tons of space to put stuff, both on the inside and outside compartments. Just a great design and very well built. And really, it is one of the best cases that you can get at that price. The thing is very heavy and very well built. 90% of the protection of an ameritage at less than half the price.

As for GG cases, I've got a vintage style one for my Tele. I think it's an elegant and well built case, and a great RI copy or something they'd have in the 60s, (looks even better with a metal Ferrari emblem on it...what doesnt?) but I think the concert Protec I have is in a whole other league. You could bash your way through a crowd with the Protec.

Top Bottom