Cerritos Festival Anyone?

Craig

Reaction score
Is anyone else attending this festival other than my wife, Cali, Dom (who is not my wife:rolleyes:), Gerald, John R. and me?

I'm in. I'll be missing the USC/Cal game but I just got back from Ohio St. so sacrifices have to be made!:D

Please say, "Hello" or "Aloha"

Just look for my glistening orb...but then again, I'll probably be wearing a hat....just like all of my other middle-aged, chubby ukulele-enthusiast brethren. ;)

I'll ask my wife to make sure we have nothing planned for that day. I know I told her about a month ago so hopefully she remembered :) Would be nice to meet some UU members there.

I'm in. I'll be missing the USC/Cal game but I just got back from Ohio St. so sacrifices have to be made!:D

Hey Ronnie, I had the same dilemma. I'm taping the 'SC/Cal game and planning on watching it the second I get home.

As a USC alum, I'm bummed that I'm missing the next two games as well since I'm out of town and won't get the local channel feed.

Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread...as to the original question, yep, I will be there, along with a few of the people I took ukulele lessons with. We are doing the whole package...festival, concert and luau.

Is anyone taking a uke with them? I know there are those clinics so I was thinking about bringing one. I'm torn between the Kamaka and Kanile'a. I really prefer my Kamaka but I know Joe Souza will be there. Maybe I'll compromise by bringing my Kamaka but wearing my Kanile'a tshirt! :D

I would have liked to have been there, but I will be a long ways away. Cape Cod, Mass to be exact. Time to visit some family and eat Maine lobster. Not to mention all that good New England syle clam chowder. I can't wait. Will probably leave the uke at home give my strumming hand a fingers a rest. I will be thinking of you guys in Cerritos while I am cracking my first lobster !

Aldriene

I just noticed that Aldriene is scheduled to teach a class at the festival. It'll be great to meet him in person!

I'll be there along with my 9 yr old son. Wondering if anyone has been before and if it is kid friendly....meaning while I am in the workshops is there activities or lessons for kids going on? I just thing he'll get bored sitting through Beginning Swing Ukulele and Spanish Strumming Techniques workshops.

There's a conspiracy afoot this weekend. Ukulele Festival in Cerritos, Blue Angels at Miramar, and Porsche Show in Ventura. And all of them just far enough apart to preclude my slipping out of my announcer duties at the Porsche Show.

So I suppose I can't complain about the lack of ukulele events - since I missed a big one.

Last edited:
Hey Ronnie, I had the same dilemma. I'm taping the 'SC/Cal game and planning on watching it the second I get home.

As a USC alum, I'm bummed that I'm missing the next two games as well since I'm out of town and won't get the local channel feed.

Oops, didn't mean to hijack the thread...as to the original question, yep, I will be there, along with a few of the people I took ukulele lessons with. We are doing the whole package...festival, concert and luau.

Is anyone taking a uke with them? I know there are those clinics so I was thinking about bringing one. I'm torn between the Kamaka and Kanile'a. I really prefer my Kamaka but I know Joe Souza will be there. Maybe I'll compromise by bringing my Kamaka but wearing my Kanile'a tshirt! :D

I think taking a 'ukulele will just weigh you down when you buy a new Kanilea at the show...

Top Bottom