Names pronounced right

smgold101

Reaction score
Hey this is gonna sound like an odd request but can everyone respond with how to pronounce your username properly?

As in mine would be (Letter) S (Letter) M Gold one"oh"one. Mine was a bad example because its easy to say haha but some pples usernames are not so easy!

In buddhuu the first u is pronounced like the "oo" in "wood" and the second u like the oo in "food". So, it's kind of "boodhoo" or "boodoo".

That's near enough. It's a Hindi word (meaning "idiot"), and to describe the pronunciation properly would take more explanation than anyone wants to read.

Oh, and I added an extra u at the end in honour of UU! :D The word is usually transliterated as "buddhu".

Ukulele like the instrument, Hill like the not a mound or a mountain... But a hill! :)

Mine's pronounced phonetically, basically. So "Vin" as you'd imagine it, rhyming with "pin", "del", like Dell laptops, and "landa" rhyming with "panda".

Mine is pronounced "baby carrots". It's a long story that many here have heard already so I won't repeat it...

I know i shouldn't ...but...

"Uncle Rod Higuchi" (hee-goo-chee), slight accent on second syllable, OK?

K is my first initial of first name. Metzger is my last name. Pronounced like NY Mets plus grrrr - like a dog growl. Mets-grrrrr.

That's an easy one Rod..............Howie

Mine is like Shoe bs

Ummm . . .

Old, as in "old"

Bird, as in "bird"

Whew! That was a lot of work! ;)

In buddhuu the first u is pronounced like the "oo" in "wood" and the second u like the oo in "food". So, it's kind of "boodhoo" or "boodoo".

That's near enough. It's a Hindi word (meaning "idiot"), and to describe the pronunciation properly would take more explanation than anyone wants to read.

Oh, and I added an extra u at the end in honour of UU! :D The word is usually transliterated as "buddhu".

:biglaugh: Thanks now I got to clean my computer screen:biglaugh:

DOC-troid.

(That was too easy, so I'll give you the not-especially-interesting explanation. Years and years ago on another online forum -- a Usenet group actually -- there was a woman posting somewhat bizarre stuff under the name of Doctress Neutopia. She had a doctorate but didn't want to be called Doctor because she felt it undermined her gender identity... or something. By way of parody I started calling myself Doctroid. The Doctress is long gone, at least from that forum, but "Doctroid" stuck.)

(And I do have a doctorate, in experimental particle physics. Excuse me, I mean a doctroidate.)

(So my blog is called Doctroidal Dissertations.)

(There.)

Top Bottom