Crayons

koalohapaul

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out finding some blue and red lumber marking crayons? I prefer wax based, to the harder type markers. The only place that used to have them was the Woodcraft down the street, but the store doesn't stock them anymore. I found a few places online, but I couldn't find wax crayons in the colors I want.

I even bought a box of Crayola crayons, when we went shopping for Noah's school supplies, but they're too soft. Home Depot and the rest of the hardware stores have white, black, and yellow, but no red or blue. :(

I'm down to a sliver of blue crayon, which I preciously conserve. Thankfully, a rogue red crayon was hidden in the last pallet of koa I got from the Big Island. Ha ha!

Might not seem like a big deal, but the blue and red are very visible for certain shades of koa.

Worst case scenario, I'll have to find some next time I travel to a neighbor island. You would think more colors would be available on Oahu, but I guess not.

Perhaps an art supply store might have something that would work.

Markal Lumber Crayon

Hey Paul,
Found this using Bing.com

http://www.markal.com/productDetail.aspx?ProductID=111

Looks like what you need and there are stores here that sell em..price..????

FASTENAL
96-1333 WAIHONA ST. UNITB
PEARL CITY HI 96782

FASTENAL
2108 LAUWILIWILI ST. UNIT 101C
KAPOLEI HI 96707

WW GRAINGER
2833 PAA STREET
HONOLULU HI 96819-4406
Phone: 808 4230028

HD SUPPLY WHITE CAP
729 AHUA STREET
HONOLULU HI 96819

FASTENAL
1130 N NIMITZ HWY UNIT B-180
HONOLULU HI 96817

Last edited:
Great support - you wanna be thankful you have such places to go to :cool: I have to buy nearly all my stuff mail order or on eBay :eek:

I know what you are saying Pete, my part of the USA in the rust belt often does not stock products I am accustom too using, common things I thought. So I have found it is often better to just order online rather than waste days looking. Here it is a case where you can most likely find a cheaper inferior product to replace it though:confused:?

Last edited:
Top Bottom