next issue of Ukulele Player is coming...

Pippin

Reaction score
I have just had to wait a little to get things together. We have an interview with Bill Tapia that I actually recorded by running the telephone line into my recording equipment. What a fascinating gentleman Bill "Tappy" Tapia is.

Also... A.J. Leonard, a masterful player from the Land Down Under will be in the artist spotlight. Lots of good stuff coming, but the delay was to get Tappy's interview by telephone. Thanks to Tappy's management for helping me coordinate that.

For those of you who don't know Bill Tapia, he is the oldest "working" professional musician in the world. Two weeks ago he was on tour in Japan. Which explains my delay in the interview. Bill is ONE HUNDRED and ONE years old.

Spread the word... next issue, end of the month.

:eek:ld: Three Cheers for the Duke of Uke

Bill Tapia was in my opinion the highlight of the last Honolulu 'ukulele festival, really enjoyed his stories of his youth. His first gig (get this) was playing for the troops during World War One. :eek:
Mahalo Pippin, can't wait to see the next issue. :drool:

Pippin...why must you TEASE us like this?!

Pippin...why must you TEASE us like this?!

Just wanted to let people know that the magazine is coming together and it takes some time to transcribe a recorded interview. I am going to archive the audio and have it on CD. I am going to supply Bill Tapia's management with a copy. Bill is living history.

Pippin!! whats crackalackin?!?!?!

Top Bottom