Uas 'uku

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
I thought I had finally beaten UAS with no new 'ukulele purchase in almost 2 months since "Doane Clone". About 2 weeks ago I was looking in the local Craigslist and saw a FLEA in excellent condition for sale for $100 only problem being it was on the Big Island of Hawaii 200 miles away from Moku Manu my Island. I emailed the guy stating that if it didn't sell locally and he was willing to ship to let me know. No reply so forgot about it. I came home from fishing yesterday and found an email from this seller stating he would be in Honolulu tomorrow (today) and that if I was still interested in the FLEA to give him a call. It was 11 pm but I called him anyways. Long story short I met the seller in Honolulu an hour ago and bought this FLEA which he also had restrung low g with Worth Clears, and this FLEA is even better sounding than I ever dreamed of. I call her 'Ukulani (heavenly flea) and she is quickly becoming my favorite impromptu spur of the moment pick me up 'ukulele. Ever since my wife discovered Honulani my concert Fluke it has become her favorite and I needed something comparable for a boat/truck 'ukulele. Now I have 'Ukulani to fill that need. :nana: :love::shaka:
P1010236-1.jpg

I'll be adding some personalizing bling in the near future.

A hunnert' buck$, Ahnko?!

Do you feel just a little guilty about stealing that Flea from him?! LOL! NICE steal, braddah! You can use that Flea as a boat paddle in an emergency and still play it immediately after. Nice score! Ric

UAS sometimes goes into remission, but you are never clear of it. It can flare up again at any time.

The Flea is a rarity in the UK, so I've never seen one, but I love the looks and could be very tempted.

Sounds to me like you were meant to have that one, Ahnko Honu.

Ukantor.

I'm now considering relocation to Hawaii. The habit would be so much cheaper.

Show us pics when you have personalised it.

Nice find Ahnko. Unfortunately UAS can strike at anytime especially when you think you have it under control. hahaha! Can't wait to see what kind of bling goes on this one.

Jack

The FLEA shape is almost a pineapple, and the natural pine top a blank canvas. I was thinking of using a photo of a real pineapple and transferring to the top via waterslide decal.

Pineapple.jpg

Do you create your own decal or have it subcontracted out somewhere?

I agree, the pineapple looks great, yummy!

Beautiful uke, and it sounds great to you? What a bonus.

Congrats,

Do you create your own decal or have it subcontracted out somewhere?

I agree, the pineapple looks great, yummy!

Beautiful uke, and it sounds great to you? What a bonus.

Congrats,

I'm gonna try make it myself. You can purchase blank waterslide decal paper and print whatever design you want on it using your printer but have to seal inkjet ink with a clear spray varnish or acrylic afterwards. I just bought a couple sheets on eBay. I'll let you know how it works out. ;)

Top Bottom