Great beginner uke resource

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
I've seen some requests for simple/beginner songs lately, and I came across this great site:

http://doctoruke.com/beginners.html

There are pdf's and sound files attached to every song.

A sample of the songs that are on this page:

• Are You Sleeping?
  • He's Got the Whole World
  • Clementine
  • McDonald's
  • Amazing Grace
  • Down By the Riverside
  • Camptown Races
  • Tiny Bubbles
  • Bring Back My Neighbors to Me
  • London Bridge Is Falling Down
  • The Eensy Weensy Spider
  • Skip To My Lou

Those songs might not be as cool as "Guitar Gently Weeps" and so on, but if I could just play these easy songs cleanly, then I'll say I've graduated to advanced beginner... from there its gravy!

Wow! These will be great for the class I am going to do at camp! Thanks guys!

Cool sites, thanks alot guys!

A big mahalo from Colorado! I've been struming now for two weeks a just this morning told my wife that I needed to find some new songs. I had gotten bored with "twinkle twinkle" ect. I just printed a bunch of new songs and I know I will have a ball learning them. Thanks again and thanks to UU. It is the greatest!

good find seeso. i used this website when i first started, but i havent found it since i got my computer back from my virus. this is certainly a great website to bookmark even for those that have gotten to more intermediate songs.

good find seeso. i used this website when i first started, but i havent found it since i got my computer back from my virus. this is certainly a great website to bookmark even for those that have gotten to more intermediate songs.

I think this would be a great website to put with all the other great under UU links. People here are genuine and are concerned about helping people discover the ukulele.This is just one more reason why this forum is rocking!!:cool:

Top Bottom