added two strings...

NotoriousMOK

Reaction score
Well I finally broke down and bought a guitar -- sure is purty, but my sissy-la-la fingers are adjusting slowly to steel strings :p

here's a little humble beginnings and a bright future ...

happy strummin' !

MOK

Attachments

• IMG00126a.jpg
    IMG00126a.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 26
Well I finally broke down and bought a guitar -- sure is purty, but my sissy-la-la fingers are adjusting slowly to steel strings :p

here's a little humble beginnings and a bright future ...

happy strummin' !

MOK

Awesome! My "sissy-la-la fingers" asked me to sell my steel string and get a classical... :)

A friend of mine who owns a small music store recommends electric guitars and nylon string acoustics for beginners. Also, lighter gauge strings are easier on the fingers. Heavier tends to sound fuller, but you can work your way up to those.

Nice looking guitar, is it a Gretsch? I can not see it too well in the picture, getting used to the steel strings will take a while but once you build up your calluses you will not even notice. Guitar and ukulele are similar, you just have to add two new strings, good luck and enjoy!

You wouldn't want to put nylon strings on that gorgeous Gretsch. It wouldn't make a sound thru the amp.

Nice score!

Sorry for the poor pic quality - that new fangled blackberry has got features, but the camera quality kinda bites -- yep, that's a Gretsch G5122 in walnut finish -- pics wont do it justice anyways, sure is a looker. aside from swapping out the bridge, no alterations are in this one's future until I grow some skills to appreciate 'em.

I'm quickly learning the parts that overlap from uke, and have already found that learning one help improve skills on the other (works both ways too) so I'm on a pretty happy path right now

thanks and have fun!

Nice looking guitar, is it a Gretsch? I can not see it too well in the picture, getting used to the steel strings will take a while but once you build up your calluses you will not even notice. Guitar and ukulele are similar, you just have to add two new strings, good luck and enjoy!

Top Bottom