Just got my Kala KA-15S from MGM

lespaul_79

Reaction score
Love it. First Ukulele that is not a toy. I know it's still a beginners uke, but money is super tight....

Played mando (collings MT) and guitar (les paul and alvarez yairi) for over 15 years.

Uke is my latest obsession and I love it. I forgot how nice nylon strings are. I've been obsessed about Bluegrass for 3 years and need a change.

Ukes and Hawaiian music is my new obsession. Just had to share.

Oh and the Kala KA-15s. I really like it. I have not played that many Ukes, but I feel it projects nice and loud. And perhaps I'm just seduced by the tone of the nylon strings (since I've played steel for so long), but I think it sounds beautiful.

MGM did a great job, too.

Meanwhile over the next year, I'll be checking the forum tons to see what my next Ukulele will be. Hopefully get something to last me a long time for under $200.

That's all I got. Have a nice day.

So I've had some more time with my new Kala. I really like how it sounds when I play chords and open strings on the first 5 frets.

However, I notice the higher notes (frets 7 and up) on the 1st and 2nd string are a little dull and funky.

I've been trying to play this and those high notes just are not as clear as the beautiful lower notes on the neck. Just an observation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-betWOskc&feature=channel

Hey, for the price, I'm still super happy.

pics.gif

Top Bottom