Makapili Concert Pineapple 2nd in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a Makapili Concert Pineapple.

Makapili Ukuleles are 100% handmade by me in my workshop in Italy. My emphasis is on making a wonderful sounding instrument. They are pretty too, but that is my secondary concern to the sound.

This one is made from 100% environmentally friendly woods.

It is made of:

Acacia Confusa: Top, Back, sides, fretboard, bridge, head plate veneer (urban tree removal)

Neck: Spanish Cedar (Spanish style neck) (FSC certified)

Tuners: Grover closed geared tuners

Strings: Worth Clear

I messed up and drilled one of the tuner holes a little bit off. It still tunes fine, and does not affect the playability or sound of the instrument. Due to this cosmetic issue the price is drastically reduced.

This instrument sounds excellent. I will try to put a sound sample of it up soon.

The price is 300 Euros, shipping included within Europe. Sorry, it does not include a case.

I hope this one finds a good home.

Take care,
Thomas

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 139
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 113
  • headstock.jpg
    headstock.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 88
  • headstock-back.jpg
    headstock-back.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78
What about 287.33 Euros???

I will try to put up a sound sample later, but for now you can enjoy Anna's playing of one of my previous concerts here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sheepstar15

And you can read her review of that instrument in the review section on UU.

Take care,
Thomas

Do you ship to the USA and if so, what would shipping be approximately of course to WA state?

I can definitely ship to the USA, but I am not sure how much it would cost. I will look into it.

I am coming home to visit my mom in the middle of November. If you want I can bring it with me and ship to you then. In that case the shipping would be free (I would pay). A month and a half is a while to wait though.

Take care,
Thomas

This is a great uke

I gotta say, I love this uke. I play mine all the time. It's a great instrument.
It's stopped my UAS dead in its tracks, which was a bit of a surprise.
I can't see me ever getting another concert sized uke now. This thing is legend :)

(Thomas, just out of interest, how many ukes have you made now? And how long have you been a luthier?)

I did the conversion and realized how cheap I am@#$% Too rich for my poor blood but it looks amazing and I really want a concert pineapple. Thanks for the thought.

I gotta say, I love this uke. I play mine all the time. It's a great instrument.
It's stopped my UAS dead in its tracks, which was a bit of a surprise.
I can't see me ever getting another concert sized uke now. This thing is legend :)

(Thomas, just out of interest, how many ukes have you made now? And how long have you been a luthier?)

Hi Anna .. I think about the same about my Makapili Tenor - I can't imagine that you can get something more in sound from ukulele then Thomas did. That instrument also stopped my UAS for tenor ukuleles ... I don't have any concerts yet and this pineapple is tempting real bad ... but I can't buy a new uke every month :p

I am real glad ya'll are happy with your instruments. It really means a lot to me.

Anna, the pineapple you have is the 6th instrument I made and the first one I sold. The tenor Paw123los has is the 4th instrument I made and the second one I sold. The first two I made sit in a drawer, and I gave the third one to a friend. I think the one I am working on now is number 22 or something like that. Some of them have new homes already, some of them are never leaving my sight, and some of them are looking for good homes right now. I think I have been a luthier for my entire life, but I just realized it about a year ago.

Take care,
Thomas

Makapili No1

My pineapple is the first one you sold? Wow.

I think I need to put Makapili No1 on it then ha ha ha. :D
(Hopefully that will make Clifford a bit jealous...)

For sale is a Makapili Concert Pineapple.

Makapili Ukuleles are 100% handmade by me in my workshop in Italy. My emphasis is on making a wonderful sounding instrument. They are pretty too, but that is my secondary concern to the sound.

This one is made from 100% environmentally friendly woods.

It is made of:

Acacia Confusa: Top, Back, sides, fretboard, bridge, head plate veneer (urban tree removal)

Neck: Spanish Cedar (Spanish style neck) (FSC certified)

Tuners: Grover closed geared tuners

Strings: Worth Clear

I messed up and drilled one of the tuner holes a little bit off. It still tunes fine, and does not affect the playability or sound of the instrument. Due to this cosmetic issue the price is drastically reduced.

This instrument sounds excellent. I will try to put a sound sample of it up soon.

The price is 300 Euros, shipping included within Europe. Sorry, it does not include a case.

I hope this one finds a good home.

Take care,
Thomas
That really is a gorgeous ukulele. It looks and sounds like you do some amazing work. Too bad I just bought a Concert for my bday in August. That beautiful pineapple is really tempting! Oh how I love UAS!

Price reduced again to 283 Euros, I can't do much better than this.

Take care,
Thomas

Thomas, with the amount uke players in Europe, I'm surprised no one has taken advantage of your offerings.

Thanks Kanaka,

Im kind of surprised myself.

Take care,
Thomas

This ukulele is still available at the new drastically reduced price of 282 Euros.

Take care,
Thomas

Thomas,

Great sound from the similar instrument by AnnaUK. I am interested, but wonder about the life of an acacia fretboard. How does acacia hold up as a fretboard?

Hey Doc,

Thanks for the nice words. I think this ukulele sounds real nice. If you would like any more pictures let me know.

Acacia is a pretty dense wood, but obviously not as dense as ebony or rosewood. If you use only nylon strings (not wound low G) and dont have really long nails that gouge into the wood I expect it to last many many years. But there is no doubt that ebony and rosewood are more durable.

I have sold a few ukuleles with the acacia fretboards and after checking in with the customers after a few months everything was fine. However one customer did buy a second tenor from me with a rosewood fretboard specifically to use with a wound low G string. But he was still extremely pleased with the acacia fretbord ukulele, and happy to have two of my tenors, one high g and one low g.

So my take is if you are going to have it strung with high G strings it will last a long long time, but if you are going to use a wound low G string it may be best to go with rosewood or ebony.

Take care,
Thomas

How about 225 Euros, I would really like to sell this ukulele before I go to the US in the middle of the month.

Take care,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom