Great place for fretwire

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
http://www.cigarboxnation.com/profile/cbgitty

you can get small amounts at bulk rates...about $1/ foot.

Great for all you guys not involved in mass production. Same stuff as stewmac fretwire. He also sells a 30+ page comprehensive guide to fretting for only a few dollars. This is certainly not his business, he pretty much makes next to nothing haha, but he enjoys it. I use it, I like it, and I thought I'd plug him.

The best thing about it is getting around Stew-Macs $30 minimum order and free shipping. However, getting it in 8" lengths will lead to a fair amount of waste.

Brad

why is $30 minimum order the best thing? you would think the best thing would be being able to buy small amounts for the hobbyists.

from the hobbyist standpoint, "waste" is spending $30 on wire when you are only going to use $4 worth...

why is $30 minimum order the best thing? you would think the best thing would be being able to buy small amounts for the hobbyists.

from the hobbyist standpoint, "waste" is spending $30 on wire when you are only going to use $4 worth...

I think he said the best thing about it was it let one get AROUND stewmac's minimum order BS. I could be wrong.

aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I must have been getting screamed at by children LOL

thanks matt...and even though I wasnt rude or nothing, sorry bout that Brad

aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I must have been getting screamed at by children LOL

thanks matt...and even though I wasnt rude or nothing, sorry bout that Brad

FWIW, I bookmarked your link the day you put it up. Haven't really thought about making my own neck yet, but that day is coming.

No worries, mate, the $30 minimum has been on my mind as there are members of our arch top building group that may run up against it. They will need fret wire and tuners but they don't cost $30.

Brad

Top Bottom