Martin Style 2 on eBay

Teek

Reaction score
I messaged this seller and all I said was that "Your local music store truly misled you on the value of this instrument in this condition.", and I got back a whole loooong paragraph to the extent of why would I say something so awful to someone I didn't know, I hadn't even seen their beautiful uke and was being rude, and that If You Can't Say Anything Nice Don't Say Anything At All! I guess I'm not as well informed as I thought, and apparently I was harsh, :lol: but I would still say if you are looking at this and end up with it, be prepared for a little attitude. I'd pay maybe $250-300 for it at a flea market, LOL, cuz I'm poor and I'd want to get it for a steal, but I'd fix it up and make it presentable, and I still don't think it would bring $2,500. in today's market. :rotfl:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250501464968&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I actually got this message:

Hi, I received your message regarding my Uke. I am curious of why you would write me a statement like you did. Are you a Uke expert? Do you own a Music Store? Why do you feel I have been misled?
Have you seen My Uke in person? I am curious now on why you would write me what you did knowing how you feel. I don't think I would ever write anyone and say what you did. You haven't even seen it! I guess the old saying If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say Then Don't Say It At All means nothing. If you are considerate as stated under your ME, you will reply to me regarding your email message. Thanks P.S. You don't have to bid or even watch the auction.

AND I just got this back

First of all, if you read my listing, the value quoted is after cracks fixed. Repair would be approximately $150 as quoted to me where I live. They advised me that some do not like repaired. They want original so I listed original. The two people saw my Uke in person and held it. They are the experts, that gave me the value. Doesn't mean I will get that amount. That is only the value. As far as the paint. That was done several several years ago and I am sure if the person does not want that on, they can have that removed. Possibly it is my photos and disclosure that makes you respond to me this way. Some list items and do not let everthing known. Either way, you did come across negative. There is no other way to look at it! I really do not see the point in you writing me in the first place. Next time, keep it to yourself unless you want others to do it to you. You do not know if I have been misled or not and what would they have to gain by misleading me. This music store owned by same person has been here for several years. In 1998, Martin advised me value was $500. Like I said, you do not have to bid on it or watch it. Bid or watch the others, that is perfectly fine. I do not care!

Wow. I know Mercury is retrograde but really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom