My sad story of the day

Hidden Character

Reaction score
So i was at guitar center with my buddy, he was looking for a guitar and i was looking for one of those Cajones. While I was there I was thinking of buying a new set of uke strings just in case my strings broke, but instead didn't believing that my aquila's were going to last for a long time. I just got home and guess what? My A string is broken T-T

Well, that sucks. :(

I'm of the belief that you never, ever don't have a full spare set of strings around and maybe even more spares. It's probably too late to go back to the store and now you've missed an opportunity to play when you wanted to.

If you play classical guitar, you could probably cannibalize a nylon top E string to use.

meh, i'll just go back tommorow morning and pick up a new set of strings for it, ive been wanting to replace it with D'addario's anyway

meh, i'll just go back tommorow morning and pick up a new set of strings for it, ive been wanting to replace it with D'addario's anyway

The D'addario strings sound simply amazing... If I ever go back to high g, I will never use anything but them, however, D'addario does not make a low g set of pro-artes, so I'm experimenting with other strings at the moment. :-(

Oh.. Sorry man... :(

I always carry a set or two "in the event of". You just never know when you'll need 'em.

See, what really caught me by surprise was of how fast the string broke. This was a new uke and everything, haven't even had it for a month and the strings were already broken. I got it from MGM and he said the uke was newly strung. I guess it just couldnt stand up to hardcore playing. (I've been playing Bandito Tyler and we all know songs like that can get really hectic really fast)

The D'addario strings sound simply amazing... If I ever go back to high g, I will never use anything but them, however, D'addario does not make a low g set of pro-artes, so I'm experimenting with other strings at the moment. :-(

What are you crazy??? I only play with D'addario pro Artes low G... you just get either the normal tension or high tension pro arte classical guitar strings... use the high 4 strings... I am fairly certain they just repackage those for the uke pro arte strings anyway, using a high tension E classical for the high G.

I like for a tenor the hard tensions but normal tensions sound good also..

What are you crazy??? I only play with D'addario pro Artes low G... you just get either the normal tension or high tension pro arte classical guitar strings... use the high 4 strings... I am fairly certain they just repackage those for the uke pro arte strings anyway, using a high tension E classical for the high G.

I like for a tenor the hard tensions but normal tensions sound good also..

No, I am perfectly sane. I said they did not make a low g SET, I never said it was impossible to create a low g.

For a low G, you can use D'Addario singles NLY028W or J4804. See this thread for more info about D'Addario strings (T-2 Titanium).

How/where did the string break? I've done plenty of thrashing over the years, and the worst I've ever done to a string is frayed the windings. I'm curious.

There are a few things in life that you know you will use. Strings are one of them. When you see them, just buy them. It's not like they have an expiration date, and believe me, it'll be better to have some then to not have any at all.

I'm using the d'arrio's right now, prefer the aquilas. I've also never broken any strings, I can't help but feel that part of that is based on how the strings are attached to the instrument, my use knots and I think the hard I play the tighter the knots get and thats all.

one more reason I love Worth Strings. Enough for two stringings in each set!

Top Bottom