On my way to settling my UAS!

Rick

Reaction score
So I've been having UAS for some time, and now, I'm going to quench its thirst.. eventually. But a lot sooner than expected.

I recently sold my marimba that I had lying around for about $550:D. I posted a thread earlier asking how much users would pay, but I recieved no replies :/ oh well! aha I'm only 1 or 2 hundred away from finally getting my sought after ukulele.

As soon as I have atleast $800 I can pay for a brand spankin' new KoAloha Concert Sceptre:drool:.
9sgsn9.jpg

It shall be mine!
Even though I made a dramatic break through in my quest, I'm still open to donations :]

Does anyone have experience ordering from KoAloha? I need info on tax and shipping.:confused:

Give them a call; Toll Free in the USA: 866-840-4911. They'll be able to answer any questions you may have. Uh,don't forget the time difference.

I just received a uke from them a couple weeks back. Shipping was around 60 bucks I beleive(seattle). Remeber you can get a factory second direct from them for less cash. I bought a Tenor that is a second and love it, it absolutly sings. The blem is tiny, took me awhile to find it actually. I think if you ask they will tell you what the blem is before hand. My mom got a concert sceptre recently too, it is awesome. Regardless I don'y think you can go wrong with any koaloha. :drool:

Sark

Factory second direct? Blem?! what do you mean Sarkrates?

Factory second direct? Blem?! what do you mean Sarkrates?
Sometimes, there are slight defects on the instrument like blemishes in the finish. These instruments aren't shipped/sold to dealers or to the consumers. Instead, they are sold as seconds and can be picked up for less than what one would pay for. You can only get them at the factory.

I played a concert sceptre a week or two ago. Nice instrument pho sho. I might have got it if I wasn't on the first day of a week long trip to AZ, nut there were alot of nice ukes at that shop.

The volume was booming and it sounded amazing. It was a little smaller then I imagined but still very cool. Enjoy it whenever you get it.

Sometimes, there are slight defects on the instrument like blemishes in the finish. These instruments aren't shipped/sold to dealers or to the consumers. Instead, they are sold as seconds and can be picked up for less than what one would pay for. You can only get them at the factory.

So there's no chance for having them ship it or work out some kind of shipping? I can't afford to go to hawaii just for an ukulele aha

So there's no chance for having them ship it or work out some kind of shipping? I can't afford to go to hawaii just for an ukulele aha
Oops, sorry for the confusion. I should have used "distributed" instead of "shipped" in that post. I don't know whether or not KoAloha will perform a transaction over the phone for "seconds".

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I should have used "distributed" instead of "shipped" in that post. I don't know whether or not KoAloha will perform a transaction over the phone for "seconds".

They will. I called b/c I'm wanting one as well. Said the next batch isn't coming out yet.

HaoleJohn: where are you getting yours from? are you gonna get a "seconds" or get a brand new one which I want to get.

HaoleJohn: where are you getting yours from? are you gonna get a "seconds" or get a brand new one which I want to get.

"seconds" are new ukes, they just have some type of blemish. MGM sometimes has them; I just ordered a "seconds" Koaloha Pineapple Sunday from him; it has a couple of small blems but it saved me big bucks.

"seconds" are new ukes, they just have some type of blemish. MGM sometimes has them; I just ordered a "seconds" Koaloha Pineapple Sunday from him; it has a couple of small blems but it saved me big bucks.

Oh I knew what seconds meant. What kind of blemishes are we talking about. And how much did you save on it because of it?

Oh I knew what seconds meant. What kind of blemishes are we talking about. And how much did you save on it because of it?

It has a slight sander mark on one of the bouts, a small dent at one spot on the back of the neck, and the 12th fret dot is on the 13th fret instead. For a savings of about $500 (about 1/3) off of the MSRP, I can put up with the blems.

Here's are a couple of pics of the PS (which should arrive tomorrow).

PS2.png

PS4.png

It has a slight sander mark on one of the bouts, a small dent at one spot on the back of the neck, and the 12th fret dot is on the 13th fret instead. For a savings of about $500 (about 1/3) off of the MSRP, I can put up with the blems.

Here's are a couple of pics of the PS (which should arrive tomorrow).

PS2.png

PS4.png

I could deal with a sander mark or two and random fret markers. If anything I stopped using the fret markers aha.

I guess a blemish means nothing if I can knock off a few hundred. Maybe I can get one for $600 or $550 aha

So I've been having UAS for some time, and now, I'm going to quench its thirst.. eventually. But a lot sooner than expected.

I recently sold my marimba that I had lying around for about $550:D. I posted a thread earlier asking how much users would pay, but I recieved no replies :/ oh well! aha I'm only 1 or 2 hundred away from finally getting my sought after ukulele.

As soon as I have atleast $800 I can pay for a brand spankin' new KoAloha Concert Sceptre:drool:.
9sgsn9.jpg

It shall be mine!
Even though I made a dramatic break through in my quest, I'm still open to donations :]

Does anyone have experience ordering from KoAloha? I need info on tax and shipping.:confused:

cool ................

Top Bottom