FS/T Strunal 1/4 classical guitar (guitalele)

vahn

Reaction score
Strunal 1/4 size Classical Guitar (Guitalele)
Solid Cedar Top
Tenor Scale
Tuned ADGCEA w/ D'addario Pro Artes
(Savarez Classical strings included)
Laminated Mahogany Back and Sides
Slotted Headstock
Extremely tight tuners (not sure of the brand)

I use this mostly for hands on transposition of songs I know on guitar. Its just a short step to the guitar chords on guitalele, then you just drop the top 2 strings for the Uke. When I was still as much of a guitar player as uke player, I played this for a while more than either one. Now that I'm pretty much uke only, It doesn't get the playing time it needs.

Tone: Very warm and full. This is a great instrument to accompany uke, whether your jamming w/ your friends who play guitar, or playing a "bass" line or rythym part for the uke, its a great accompanyment instrument. I think it sounds great played with a punchy spruce top uke, its mellow rich full tone is a nice contrast.

Condition: This solid cedar top is extremely soft and there is a small gouge in the soundboard above the soundhole. It doesnt damage anything structurally or the tone but it is not too pretty. There also some small pickmarks under the soundhole

here you can see the cosmetic issues
ukulele016.jpg

Size compared to Kala and Lanikai Tenors
ukulele015.jpg

Headstock
ukulele017.jpg

front
ukulele019.jpg

Last edited:
idk prob not a soprano maybe a solid top or laminate concert or baritone if it sounded ok, whatever just let me know

Top Bottom