MGM's Setup

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I just played another of the less expensive ukes MGM sells. My friend has bought a couple from him. She is not comfortable doing any adjustments. Every uke she has bought from him as been set up extremely well, I bought one and the same with it. People talk about his set up on this forum but I wanted to add my two cents. It's really nice to get a uke right out of the box tune it up and not have to screw around with it. Great deal not be be overlooked while comparing vendors.

MGM has the best deals out there with his complimentary setup. Saves me lots of time and effort on the other end of getting a new uke ;)

:agree: You are right. Even those of us that like adjusting instruments have to wonder if we would be better players if we had used all that time practicing.

If your every going to buy an import uke, I would get it from MGM... Ohana is a good example crafted in the same factory as Bushman, Mainland, etc. Good quality but they are known for the action coming high on them; not so with MGM! It probably makes business sense also, as I would imagine it significantly lowers returns of "unplayable" ukes that simply have too low or too high of action.

In short MGM is da man... He sells more ukes online than anyone and has a reputation of solid gold. He's made the uke more accessible to many, myself included. Thanx Mike!

I too have only had great service from MGM. The other point to remember-his shipping is spot on - and sometimes free! If you have purchased strings from him, you will know what I mean.

If your every going to buy an import uke, I would get it from MGM... Ohana is a good example crafted in the same factory as Bushman, Mainland, etc. Good quality but they are known for the action coming high on them; not so with MGM! It probably makes business sense also, as I would imagine it significantly lowers returns of "unplayable" ukes that simply have too low or too high of action.

In short MGM is da man... He sells more ukes online than anyone and has a reputation of solid gold. He's made the uke more accessible to many, myself included. Thanx Mike!

:agree: Set up, price and shipping are the best.

Jack

Yeah MGM's Setup and prices make it a no brainer to go with him instead!

Who's this MGM? :confused::cool:;)

Oh yea, great point about the strings. I think he charges like 80 something cents, other places charge almost as much for shipping as what the strings cost!!

Top Bottom