Pono Baritone

clayton56

Reaction score
Well my curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try a baritone. Why lug around huge guitars?

I really like the sound, sweet, light, easy to play. Here's the kicker - Bounty has them for $249 for satin and $299 for gloss. I think they're old stock - mine's fingerboard looked dry and really soaked up that oil. Current models are much higher.

These are ebony fingerboard and binding, Grover tuners. I also play the banjo and this reminds me of one, only mellower.

bari.jpg

That's a great looking baritone! I have a Pono mango bari and think it's one of the most beautiful instruments I've ever seen. It's had a few tonal issues but I've finally found the right combination of strings and things.

Ponos can really be quite a treat to play and own. Congrats on yours :)

Wow thats a beauty great deal on the price. I've only had 1 experience with Bounty, and I ended up returning the instrument, but I have to say they really went above and beyond and ate a big chunk of cost in fixing a screw up a friend of mine did to 'fix' it (involving a nut, and superglue and a LOT of miscommunication) and I have to say hats off to them in customer service.

Just ordered one of these also. A great baritone ukulele! I'm really loving it. Playability and sound are very good. Also, Ukes.com was excellent to deal with. I ordered the satin finish ($249) from their website, but received an E-mail saying they were out. They offered me the gloss model ($299) for the same price. Of course I said YES. I prefer the gloss anyway. The uke came in 2 days to my P.O. Box. This is a GREAAAAT deal---> Solid mahogany baritone ukuele with and very nice case.

I'll see if I can post a review and sound sample(s) soon.

will you please post a video of it

Top Bottom