Ohana Long Neck Soprano

jforrest

Reaction score
Just got my Ohana Giraffe from Musicguymic. It's WONDERFUL!!
For a less expensive instrument, it appears to have great tone and EXCEPTIONAL intonnation all the way up the long, long neck.

The Musicguymic set up---included, along with a case---is also great.

I'm as impressed as I can be with this. I guess I wasn't expecting much
and I got a LOT more than expected.

If you're looking for soprano sound, but a nice tenor neck, you could do
far worse, and spend far more, than the Ohana SK 30 L.

John

That uke lost a coin toss to be my next uke and I got the honeybee soprano instead.

...that puts it at the top of the current UAS list now, doesn't it? :D

I think I just fell in love with this one. I'm itching to upgrade form my late 50s Harmony soprano. I love the soprano sound and really like the odd look of the smaller body on the longer neck. I'm an odd fellow, so I think it would suit me. Here is the only video of it in action I can find. Do post a video of you playing yours. I'm seriously interested.

I'm saving my pennies.

So, I stayed up until 1:30am this morning, too excited about this to sleep. I've been doing a LOT of homework about what I can afford and what will suit my hands and my style (playing and otherwise) and I really think this little long neck is the one. This, however is the wrong time of year to decide I want to spend close to $200 on a uke and case, so I'm probably going to sell a little .380 pistol I have. They are pretty popular around here, so I should be able to get what I need out of it. I'm blabbering on now because I'm really excited. I even prayed about this last night. For real.

I want to spend close to $200 on a uke and case, so I'm probably going to sell a little .380 pistol I have.
And a happy and peaceful Christmas to you too!

:nana::nana::nana:

The Musicguymic set up---included, along with a case---is also great.

Can you tell me what kind of case will fit it? If my plans work out, I would like to get a nice hard shell case, but I know this is an odd size so I wanted to see what you are using.

Thanks.

Charlie

I believe MGM has a special case for long neck soprano instruments. It is hardshell.

Thanks, Providence. I've been surfing MGM's store and reading/watching many more uke reviews and now I think I'm leaning toward his hard-to-refuse deal on the Ohana SK-35G w/ case, books, set-up, etc. No wonder all you guys rave about his store. That deal is just too good and the sound on that model is beautiful from what I've seen in the videos. *sigh* I can see now how uke players end up collecting so many.

Happy Holidays!

Yeah I have not quite gotten into it yet, hopefully Santa will bring me the Kala I requested :D. Its a KA-ASMSLN or all solid mohagony longneck soprano. I can't wait. I haven't heard the sound of it but I am hoping its pretty close to the all solid mohagony soprano.

Top Bottom