What to Look for When Shopping for a Kamaka?

the.ronin

Reaction score
Local uke shop just got in a shipment of Kamakas. I always wanted one of their 4-string tenors.

Aside from the usual stuff – sound, action, comfort – anything else I should keep an eye out when considering a Kamaka?

Local uke shop just got in a shipment of Kamakas. I always wanted one of their 4-string tenors.

Aside from the usual stuff – sound, action, comfort – anything else I should keep an eye out when considering a Kamaka?

You've got most stuff covered there. I've had no problems at all with mine, it sounds incredible and there are no build issues I can think of that you need to check out.

If you're into wood you could keep an eye out for nice grain pattern but I'd go for sound first - having said that I did just the opposite and bought from the factory without hearing mine and absolutely love it.

Let us know what you get.

Well just window shopping for now ... the dude that runs the store is letting me return a tenor I bought from him as credit against a Kamaka. Still, mrs.the.ronin is really really pissed. :D

If I do pull the UAS trigger, it’s likely gonna be the HF-3.

Well just window shopping for now ... the dude that runs the store is letting me return a tenor I bought from him as credit against a Kamaka. Still, mrs.the.ronin is really really pissed. :D

If I do pull the UAS trigger, it’s likely gonna be the HF-3.

how much credit? You might be able to sale here for better than music store will give ya.

Top Bottom