Electric Soprano Ukulele

stxman08

Reaction score
I got my First uke a few months ago. Now i'm interested in buying a soprano uke that is acoustic-electric. Does anyone have suggestions about good ones to look at or types to stay away from?

Welcome to UU!!:D

Take a peek at this thread. I just spoke to hoosierhiver yesterday and they still have some left. This is probably the most bang for the buck and Mainland gets much love on this forum (I own a mahogany concert and can't say enough good things about it). There are other great options...but this is on my "must have" list.

Good luck in your quest.

I recommend the Ovation Applause UAE20 acoustic/electric soprano, stxman08. I've been using one for a year and a half. Although it takes a while to break them in (lot's of playing!) for the best tone and volume, it's well worth the wait. I currently own two of them:

1. Solid spruce top for great sound.
2. Lyracord back for durability and sound projection.
3. Does not require a battery to play electric: no more down time at the gigs!
4. Adamas holes - Having the soundholes outside of the strings and not directly underneath them gives you much more gain before feedback; in other words, you can play it amplified without annoying squealing and howling.
5. Onboard volume and tone controls allow you to tailor the sound, without running back to your amp and missing the beat.
6. Quality geared tuners allow you to get in tune quickly and stay there.
7. I've tried many brands of strings and Aquila Nylgut Concerts sound the best on the UAE20's.
8. Very durable - mine's been around the globe, to include being played on a boat in the China Sea (100 Islands, Philippines) with water splashing on it. No issues whatsoever! Ric

http://folk-instruments.musiciansfr...ic-Electric-Deluxe-Soprano-Ukulele?sku=516727

The Applause UAE20 Acoustic-Electric Deluxe Mini Ukulele has its own voice and is fun to play. And it's also a serious and well-made musical instrument. The UAE20 ukulele is a standard soprano size uke with a multi-soundhole design borrowed from the stunning Ovation guitars. This Applause ukulele also features a solid spruce top, a rounded Lyrachord body for sweet tone and good projection. Onboard electronics and quality tuners complete the performance-level Applause UAE20— a ukulele for serious players.

230083.jpg

561539.jpg

561537.jpg

561540.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to UU!!:D

Take a peek at this thread. I just spoke to hoosierhiver yesterday and they still have some left. This is probably the most bang for the buck

+1!!! Great soprano with pickup. Good looks, setup and sound backed by a guarantee.

uke

Im seriously considering getting this ukulele but i have a few question:
which color: i like the black but it seems to make it look cheaper in the pic but the other is cool too
does the plastic back make it sound or look "like a toy"
im looking to play it live, and am wondering if this is the best, and most professional acoustic electric uke for under 200$
thanks,

Solid spruce it may be, but its acoustic sound isn't as brilliant as most well made laminate ukes.

But for the electronics, a fabulous uke!

Top Bottom