PDA

View Full Version : The Am chord sounds wrong.

Norwegian85
09-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Deleted post. Figured it out for myself :)

-Ingri-

RevWill
09-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Which Am are you using? 2000, 2003, 5453?

UkeNinja
09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
Either you are playing the wrong Am chord, or you have a very shitty ukulele, or you have a balalaika tuner. Which is it? ;)

The way you state it, there should not be any serious problem. However the sound is not right, so something must be missing in the equation.
The strings match the tuner you say, do they match each other (more or less) as well? Try tuning one string with the tuner, and adjust the others to match that tuning. Worst case scenario, your ukulele is set up badly and will never sound good (action OK? tuners slipping?).

But we are all talking about the 2000 Am chord, correct?

micromue
09-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Could you provide a sound sample? Without acoustic impression I could only imagine, that either you give too much pressure on the g-string when fretting 2-0-0-0 or your instruments intonation is off. If it is an intonation problem with the second fret you may find, that the fret wire in the second position is higher than other positions.

DaveVisi
09-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Deleted post. Figured it out for myself :)

-Ingri-

Please don't do that. You may have figured it out, but there are others who might have had the same problem. Plus, it's sort of a slap in the face to those who tried to help you, only to see their helpfulness degraded by someone deleting the reason they posted.

Forums are funny that way. It's not always about you. Whatever you write is now public information that can help others in the future.

UkeNinja
09-25-2009, 08:37 AM
I am thinking he/she counted the frets from the bottom. Or tuned AECG :nana: