Depression set in, no more ukuleles :(

keithy351

Reaction score
so far ive sold my nintendo wii, my kala 8 string, my slide guitar and my banjo

why you may ask, so i can buy my first ever solid wood instrament. A kanile'a K-1 Tenor with a satin finish :drool:... Never to this day would i of ever in my right mind thought of spending $1000 AUS on a ukulele, when i first bought my greg bennett concert ukulele i thought i was an idiot spending this much money and thought this must of been at the top of line, something you would see pro's play and now look at me less then a year later forking out the big bucks, lol and the question that my entire family who keeps asking me is "your a student, dont own a car, dont have a full time job, and you can afford to buy something like this" and non bother to look at what ive sacraficed they just bein haters.... but now whats kicking in is, what have i done, what am i doing, am i an idiot, just buy something cheap and keep the rest of the money your a fool..... argh im so confussed right now :( some, anyone, shed some light, help a brother out :wallbash:

EDIT
alls good, head is screwed on money going on my first K brand uke ever tomorrow thanks heaps to all UU members who helped with advice through all my post asking about ukuleles and which one. although 2 weeks ago my budget sat at $400 and now im spending 1k, its all worth it in the end

Last edited:
You're going to drive yourself (and likely half of UU) crazy by changing your mind all the time. ;) At this point, you're better off not over-thinking the whole thing. Buy the uke you want, play it, and don't look back for a second.

You're going to drive yourself (and likely half of UU) crazy by changing your mind all the time. ;) At this point, you're better off not over-thinking the whole thing. Buy the uke you want, play it, and don't look back for a second.

not changeing my mind ;) gonna got put the money on it tomorrow but haveing that sort of cash which i know wont come round again.... one cant help but to ponder at the last minute :rolleyes:

Will you play it more than your wii, your banjo and your slide guitar? Is it your passion?

It's your money. Have you already spent it?

Now truthfully you could get a high quality solid wood instrument for far less $ than the Kanile'a, but OTOH you are talking about a Hawaiian K. If you are looking for an instrument to last you a lifetime, you've found one.

i think so. go fo broke and play um hard. no regrets.

thanks bro, just needed that little kick in the ass haha, now comes being stoaked, gonna have a kanile'a K-1 solid koa tenor in my hands in 2-3 weeks time, :eek: ohhhhh yeh.... FTW

Will you play it more than your wii, your banjo and your slide guitar? Is it your passion?

It's your money. Have you already spent it?

Now truthfully you could get a high quality solid wood instrument for far less $ than the Kanile'a, but OTOH you are talking about a Hawaiian K. If you are looking for an instrument to last you a lifetime, you've found one.

yeh dude, same words spoken by gaby of Musiccitycairns, awsome person, and totally agree, its a K, have it for life, and yeh sold the wii, banjo and slide guitar cause they sit there and only play the uke...

haha ive made like 4 different threads in the past 2 weeks talkin bout what uke im chaseing, my budget started off at the $400 mark looking for a lankai mango, then upped to a fluke tenor, then to a mele, and look at me now, at the $1000 mark getting a kanilea, hahahaha i love it, payment going on tomorrow with absolutely no regrets big thanks to all at UU for being awsome through out all the threads helping me choose the right instrament

you are exactly how I sound after I bought my first expensive ukulele. A $600 Kamaka Soprano. I kinda got buyers remorse because I thought about whether I will make the most out my investment and if I could spend the money elsewhere. Also, whether I could afford it or not. I was seriously considering returning it.

Well, it has been a little over a year since, and I have since bought two more ukuleles that cost more than my baby Kamaka. I would say that I'm glad that I did it and don't regret keeping it one bit. I love my uke that I got so much and it really was and still is a good investment. I look forward to creating memories with it for years to come and hopefully pass it on to my children. The feelings of being unsure when I bought it and whether I could afford it has passed and i'm still here. This too shall pass for you.

like 1014 said, as long as you "play the kukae out of it" then it will provide a huge return for you. On the other hand, if you think that this might just be a passing interest or if you are not sure you will make full use of it for years to come, then you could always sell it and still get a really good deal for it i'm sure, especially with all the UAS addicts on here, you'll have no problem. But, I doubt you will want to part with it after spending some QT. :) Good Luck!

so far ive sold my nintendo wii, my kala 8 string, my slide guitar and my banjo

why you may ask, so i can buy my first ever solid wood instrament. A kanile'a K-1 Tenor with a satin finish :drool:... Never to this day would i of ever in my right mind thought of spending $1000 AUS on a ukulele, when i first bought my greg bennett concert ukulele i thought i was an idiot spending this much money and thought this must of been at the top of line, something you would see pro's play and now look at me less then a year later forking out the big bucks, lol and the question that my entire family who keeps asking me is "your a student, dont own a car, dont have a full time job, and you can afford to buy something like this" and non bother to look at what ive sacraficed they just bein haters.... but now whats kicking in is, what have i done, what am i doing, am i an idiot, just buy something cheap and keep the rest of the money your a fool..... argh im so confussed right now :( some, anyone, shed some light, help a brother out :wallbash:

Unless you're going to be missing out on things like mortgage/rent payments, get the uke and play it for a few days. If you still feel intense remorse, most buyers will let you return it, no questions asked. If you start to feel better about it, keep it and know that if you're ever strapped for cash, if you've kept that uke in good shape, it's going to command an excellent resale price. You really can't lose, in that regard.

Unless you're going to be missing out on things like mortgage/rent payments, get the uke and play it for a few days. If you still feel intense remorse, most buyers will let you return it, no questions asked. If you start to feel better about it, keep it and know that if you're ever strapped for cash, if you've kept that uke in good shape, it's going to command an excellent resale price. You really can't lose, in that regard.

nah only sold things not in use to buy it, and yeh these things seem to hardly ever loose there value, which is great to know, hey first night i found out this uke was in stock i dreamt about it hahahaha, im stoaked im getting it, cant shutup about it to everyone i talk to

you are exactly how I sound after I bought my first expensive ukulele. A $600 Kamaka Soprano. I kinda got buyers remorse because I thought about whether I will make the most out my investment and if I could spend the money elsewhere. Also, whether I could afford it or not. I was seriously considering returning it.

Well, it has been a little over a year since, and I have since bought two more ukuleles that cost more than my baby Kamaka. I would say that I'm glad that I did it and don't regret keeping it one bit. I love my uke that I got so much and it really was and still is a good investment. I look forward to creating memories with it for years to come and hopefully pass it on to my children. The feelings of being unsure when I bought it and whether I could afford it has passed and i'm still here. This too shall pass for you.

like 1014 said, as long as you "play the kukae out of it" then it will provide a huge return for you. On the other hand, if you think that this might just be a passing interest or if you are not sure you will make full use of it for years to come, then you could always sell it and still get a really good deal for it i'm sure, especially with all the UAS addicts on here, you'll have no problem. But, I doubt you will want to part with it after spending some QT. :) Good Luck!

yeh dont worry im not onee to let my uke sit in the case, im spending this cash to play it, not admire it, gonna make my first youtube video with it playing either crosscurrent or bodysurfing which are the two latest songs ive learnt.... hmmmm which one :D

put it this way.

what would you rather have? a wii, a banjo, etc. or would you have a really really really really nice ukulele made of solid Koa?! If you love the instrument and feel a passion for playing it, you might as well buy it. You'll end up buying one anyways.
Why buy a spouse an engagement ring? The money could be better spent on beer and strippers? Because you love that person. Just like you love the ukulele... If not, then... hey wait... Would I buy and engagement ring over an ukulele???? :eek: surely not. don't tell my fiance/gf that :D

If you buy a less expensive uke you will always regret not buy a "K". Just go for it and don't look back. :cool:

Jack

If you buy a less expensive uke you will always regret not buy a "K". Just go for it and don't look back. :cool:

Jack

the k brands got me hook line and sinker, now my next new post is gonna be showing it off, will photo everything, the box, the cutting of the box, the taking out of the box, the unclicking of the ukulele case, opening the case, and put it all into a folder like you would with a baby and call it my first hawiian make ukulele.... ahh how good the memories will be, can look back on it, show the kids and go, hey kids this is your old mans first hawiian uke, see this is the box it came in and awww look how cute it was sitting in its case

but haveing that sort of cash which i know wont come round again....

Aw comon, give yourself more credit than that! ;) I'm sure you can motivate yourself in the near future to find a way to make $1k again. It WILL happen! Life moves on, you will succeed!!! Then you can buy MORE "K" ukes!!!

Cheers,
Skottoman

Top Bottom