Cordoba Tenor Uke - opinions wanted !

Groovy

Reaction score
Hello Friends

I'm in the market for a tenor uke. Re these three:

Cordoba Tenor Uke
Lanikai Tenor Curly Koa
Pono Tenor Ukulele - Solid mahogany

has anyone got any experience / knowledge of these instruments?

Alternately... can anyone suggest "the best" $250.00 or thereabouts - tenor uke, on the market?

Thanks so much

I have played the cordoba and the Lanikai. Me personally I like the Lanikai better I think the quality is better on the Lanikai the fret board on the cordoba seem a little ruff. I have never played a pono but my next ukulele will be a pono pkt2

Hello Friends

I'm in the market for a tenor uke. Re these three:

Cordoba Tenor Uke
Lanikai Tenor Curly Koa
Pono Tenor Ukulele - Solid mahogany

has anyone got any experience / knowledge of these instruments?

Alternately... can anyone suggest "the best" $250.00 or thereabouts - tenor uke, on the market?

Thanks so much

I have never heard of the cordoba so I can't say. I have never really cared for Lanikai's but that's just me. Davoomac and I think NukeDoc have Lanikai's and they do an awesome job playing them. As far as the Pono goes, they have seem to be a favorite of alot members on UU. I personally own one. I got it from musicguymic on ebay. I have a Koa one, but the mahogany ones are just as good. You may want to check out a Koa PIli Koko. Rayan....UU administrator bought one. He has a video review of the uke.

while we're on the subject of decent ukulele's. does anyone have any opinions/comments about a kala tenor spruce top, preferably with a pickup. I'm working with a damaged leolani my brother bought me as a souvenir from hawaii. since i've had it been trying to learn it, now the fretboard has halfway popped off. it's time for an upgrade.

i've read a lot about MGM and so i'd like to buy from him whenever i can get my money together, but i'd like to make sure i'm making a good purchase.

thanks for any help. UU is such a good community.

Top Bottom