PDA

View Full Version : Makala Tenor Contest RESULTS!!!!!

deach
04-19-2008, 03:51 PM
By an overwhelming amount DAVOOMAC wins the contest for his friend!!!

But wait! There is a twist to this contest. Instead of the Makala, he wins the Indonesian made Oscar Schmidt I had wrote about earlier today.

Second twist - The runner up PHIL MAJOR wins the Chinese made Oscar Schmidt!!!

Twist number three - DEGARCIA wins the Makala with the case!

Congrats to all!!!

Winners - Send me a Private Message with the address where you want me to send your ukulele.

deach
04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh and thanks for living so far away. The post office will be very happy Monday. ;)

Phil Major
04-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Wow! deach you really went beyond yourself with this contest. Thank you so much for being so generous and helping us out. Congrats to the other winners... and thanks for those of you who voted for me.

I'm beside myself happy right now!

dnewton2
04-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Wow deach you gave away 3 ukes! You my friend are awsome.

Dino
04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow deach. 3 ukes. Very generous. Congrats to all the winners.

Ukulele_Junkie
04-19-2008, 03:59 PM
wow deach ur fricking awesome. This was a very generous contest. congratz to everyone that won

seeso
04-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Deach, brother you went above and beyond the call of duty my friend. Just amazingly cool of you to do this.

degracia
04-19-2008, 05:11 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

I am beyond overwhelmed. I had this contest on my mind the whole time. Especially DEACH giving this opportunity to the community. I was ready to congratulate DAVOOMAC because he had the amount of votes in already.

When I read about your OS incident, I thought wow to it as well. But to give away 2 brand new purchased ukes and the makala is just amazing of you.
I'd just like to thank you DEACH. For this opportunity and for doing this as well. And thanks to the whole UU board. I can't even express myself right now. God bless.

-- Ibarr deGracia

btw, congrats Davoomac and Phil! Enjoy the ukes

gazelletime
04-19-2008, 06:40 PM
congratulations to all the winners! deach, thanks again for putting on a great contest.

Orlando
04-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Deach man, this was so cool of you to do, really made a lot of people happy. Great job Buddy!!:D

GX9901
04-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Wow! Very cool outcome for this contest!

Now you guys who won the ukes should post some videos with your new ukes once you have them in hand. :D

Slick
04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Deach, you are a "Class Act" :cool:

SMillette92
04-19-2008, 07:31 PM
I nominate Deach for "Member of the Year"

Dominator
04-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Deach, my hat is off to ya buddy. Now that's what I call "Paying/Playing it Forward". You are indeed a class act. Congrats to all the winners.

Vroom
04-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Wow! Very cool outcome for this contest!

Now you guys who won the ukes should post some videos with your new ukes once you have them in hand. :D

I second that!

Also, kudos again to you deach... I'm in awe. I saw the winner.. and then the twist and was like holy... how generous.. and then i scrolled down more and ANOTHER TWIST and i was like whaaat!

Like Dominator said, my hat is off to you. That was a really selfless thing to do!

seeso
04-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Deach is member of the decade.

davoomac
04-19-2008, 08:53 PM
WOW, I'm glad for everyone who will be getting a new ukulele thanks to you deach.

It's rare to find that kind of generosity!

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Deach, brother you went above and beyond the call of duty my friend. Just amazingly cool of you to do this.

yeah i agree with seeso - said it pretty well

redsedge
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and most especially to Deach for being a truly lovely person. Ukulele Underground for ever!

drubin
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Congratulations to all the winners and to Deach for being a tremendously generous person! :)

experimentjon
04-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow. Massive kudos for Deach for giving away three ukes to deserving members. That is easily the most generous unilateral action that I have seen on any forum. Congratulations to everyone who won.

deach
04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
I nominate Deach for "Member of the Year"

Deach is member of the decade.

That's just crazy talk right there! I'll accept "Member of the Day" however. :)

There are so many members here that are my Uke Heroes. WS64, Dominator, Aldrine, seeso, Rayan, Bugoy, Fred and so many others I know I am forgetting are easily "Members of the Year". They are the ones who are constantly giving back to ukulele community. Seriously, where would be without them?

Since so many people asked....my gesture started off as a way to get rid of a ukulele I wasn't using. When I saw there were so many people that needed a decent one, I decide to add two more to the list. and NO I'm not some old eccentric millionaire. I wish I could afford to send one to all who entered.

Anyway, congrats to the winners!

h-drix
04-20-2008, 04:42 AM
congrats to all the winners, deeach i applaud your generosity.

FunkyPeaNutZ
04-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Wow. Deach, you're amazing. Thank you for holding the contest, and helping others out. Thank you too, to the moderators and the contributors for making this forum a great place to call home.

rayan
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Deach. That was more than generous of you. You are an awesome person.

russ_buss
04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
congrats to the winners and thanks to Deach for being all kinds of awesome!

UkuleleHill
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Awesomeness!!! Hats off to you!

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Did Davoomac win lol??

i cant get over how you just want to give it away... Generosity right here :D

davoomac
04-20-2008, 10:06 PM
I didn't win by myself, Phil Major and Degarcia won too! thanks deach! :D

leggomyriego
04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
congrats you three! and to Deach too for the awesomeness:)

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
I didn't win by myself, Phil Major and Degarcia won too! thanks deach! :D

congrats to all :)

la_ingrit
04-22-2008, 04:49 AM
WOW, I'm glad for everyone who will be getting a new ukulele thanks to you deach.

It's rare to find that kind of generosity!

HEYY YOU WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!! I FEEL SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR FRIEND!!!!

seeso
05-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Not a lot of action on the boards right now, so I thought I'd pimp Deach for some more reputation points. Add to Deach's reputation!!

davoomac
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Not a lot of action on the boards right now, so I thought I'd pimp Deach for some more reputation points. Add to Deach's reputation!!

I ran out of rep points for deach! anyone know how much you have to 'spread around the rep' before you can give someone more points?

experimentjon
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
I ran out of rep points for deach! anyone know how much you have to 'spread around the rep' before you can give someone more points?

I was thinking that exact same thing! I have given a handful of reps already, but I wonder what the actual number count is. Probably 10 ish?

davoomac
05-04-2008, 02:54 AM
DEACH! I think the uke came in the mail already! we just got the yellow slip so I'll be picking it up pretty soon. :D

I'll be sure to take pics and post a video when we get it.

deach
05-04-2008, 03:08 AM
It's about time! Had I known it would have taken this long, I would have thrown it in a canoe and I would have paddled it there myself. :D

I hope Andrew likes it.

davoomac
05-04-2008, 03:15 AM
It's about time! Had I known it would have taken this long, I would have thrown it in a canoe and I would have paddled it there myself. :D

I hope Andrew likes it.

hahaha I know huh?

It probably got here sometime mid last week, but we share a PO with a family friend and he had the slip. is the return address listed on there? We are going to send you some guam stuff :D

deach
05-04-2008, 03:21 AM
... is the return address listed on there? We are going to send you some guam stuff :D

I think so.

I wonder if Phil got his yet. He hasn't been on much lately. Maybe he's too busy practicing - like I should be doing.

Phil Major
05-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I think so.

I wonder if Phil got his yet. He hasn't been on much lately. Maybe he's too busy practicing - like I should be doing.

I barred myself from going online for about a week while I finished up some term end work I had. It got a bit hairy there for a bit, but I'm past the craziness for a while now!

I've not received mine, but I'm excited to hear that it's probably right around the corner... I'll post as soon as I get my hands on it and let you all know.

Thanks again deach... :)

Phil Major
05-06-2008, 06:27 PM
DEACH!

It's here! It's so awesome. Instantly I sound 10x better than before. Having an instrument that has proper sound goes a long way. I'm so impressed. I'll upload pics of me with it in the next couple days, and video as soon as I can figure out how to get my hands on a video camera. Really deach, this is pretty awesome. Thank you so much.

I want everyone to know how awesome deach is... I know people have been giving him praise, but seriously, I have this great instrument that makes me want to play so much and its because of this man's generosity. I cant thank you enough.

~Phil

Dominator
05-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Right on! Congrats Phil.

degracia
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
DEACH!

It's here! It's so awesome. Instantly I sound 10x better than before. Having an instrument that has proper sound goes a long way. I'm so impressed. I'll upload pics of me with it in the next couple days, and video as soon as I can figure out how to get my hands on a video camera. Really deach, this is pretty awesome. Thank you so much.

I want everyone to know how awesome deach is... I know people have been giving him praise, but seriously, I have this great instrument that makes me want to play so much and its because of this man's generosity. I cant thank you enough.

~Phil

Congrats Phil! I feel exactly the same way once mine came in. I couldn't stop playing it... heck I have it on my lap right now as we speak. Deach has bless all of us and brought out the best in the community. I really can't thank him enough!

davoomac
05-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Okay Andrew's ukulele came in the mail already and it is sooo sweet! Andrew and I have been busy so we've not been able to meet up just yet. OOOOHh I wish I had an oscar schmidt too hahaha. This is a VERY nice ukulele Deach!

The sound is much different from my kala. I'ts like a it's a little less resonant, but it has this warm, mellow sound. :D Once we get some new strings on this uke, it'll be killer! I'll post pics and video when I get the chance.

deach
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Phil - get some new strings and it should sound a ton better.

Congrats to all!