Pineapple Sunday on Friday!

Uke-lahoma

Reaction score
I just received a Pineapple Sunday from MGM today! Here are a couple of pics (from MGM...I haven't stopped playing it long enough to take my own pics). It looks and sounds awesome. It is a "factory special" (a.k.a., factory second), but the only thing I can find wrong with it is that the 12th fret dot is located at the 13th fret. I never thought I'd be fortunate enough to get my hands on one of these.

Many thanks to MGM! Most excellent service, as usual!

PS2.png

PS4.png

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

If I had the dough, I'd get myself one as well :(

Uke-lahoma,

The 13th-12th fret is the reason why that one is a second. Pops actually made a few with the dot positioned wrong. I noticed by chance, when I was last in my mom's office. I think I was waiting to speak to her, while she was on the phone. I picked up a PS and started playing. I absolutely couldn't ring the octave harmonic at the 12th fret, but I couldn't figure out why. Then I noticed that it was 13!

Anyway, thanks for the support.

I watched this on EBAY and was tempted to pick it up... I would be ok with the "13th" fret dot as well. Wonder if Koaloha has more of these laying around?! :D
Regardless, I'm happy someone has this, and someday I will have one too. I hope. :)

Lovely uke. Just so beautiful and exotic looking.

Thirteen is a baker's dozen - or so we were taught when I was at school. That was over sixty years ago. It seems that if you ordered twelve loaves you always got an extra one. I'll bet they don't do it today!

So those are Special Edition "Baker's" ukes. Paul, you should charge MORE for them!

Ukantor.

Played the Pineapple Sunday at the Bounty Music in Maui. BEAUTIFUL uke plays fantastic, out of my price range though.....starting to save the $ now.
Good luck with it and have fun!!!!

Congrats on the uke!

Funny thing about factory seconds...

Sometimes down the road collectors will feel that a factory second is worth more than one of the many quality products shipped without flaws.

I don't believe anyone should buy something with "collecting value" in mind, but when one is dealing with well made products sometimes it's the anomalies which become rare.

So love the instrument as something that is handmade, very unique, and has character. You probably won't find many like it.

ukantor,

That's right! Instead of calling it a baker's dozen, we can call it a luthier's 12. Ha ha!

Top Bottom